Email setup with SSL or TLS

I am trying to get SuiteCRM outgoing mail settings setup, i am able to send out emails when i set the smtp settings to encrypted but when i attempt to use SSL or TLS i get the error message below.

Mon Jan 20 19:39:14 2020 [15942][d40a53dd-1628-7957-50f5-5e1e8704af1c][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

I was however able to add my incoming IMAP server using SSL with no issue but when using encryption for outgoing i get the error message. Any help appreciated.

Hi @Rexshow,

Could you please confirm what mail service are you using?

I am using namecheap for hosting my emails and domain.

Can you confirm you are using the correct ports for your setup;

Outgoing server ( SMTP ): 465 port for SSL , 587 port for TLS.

When you hosted on "namecheap " there you get email server/SMTP server like mail.domain_name.com, you can try that as SMTP and IMAP server also you main server there and that may be like mail.namecheap.com, please try both one by one, if any problem let me know we can check and try to fix it.

1 Like

Hi @cloudmatricssolution,

Welcome to the Community! :tada:

Thanks for your assistance, hopefully @Rexshow will have some luck on this one!

Please try once, if not work,then if you have cpanel for hosting, open cpanel and go to “Email Accounts”–>open it there you can see all your email IDs and then click on " Connect Devices", there you can get all email setting details, and use that.

The settings i am using for the mail account to send out from is correct as i am able to properly send out emails using an Outlook IMAP account with encryption on port 465 and 587, namecheap uses 2techcomputing.ca as the domain/ip to use with ssl or tls. It works fine in other applications but i cannot get encryption to work properly on suitecrm, only unencrypted is currently working properly. Also suitecrm is unable to send when i use the domain 2techcomputing.ca but when i place the IP of the mail server then unencrypted works fine, not sure if that may have something to do with the encryption issue.