Email Import/Relate list?

I’ve got a weird problem, hoping to get some suggestions on where else to look.

I have a custom module “Architects”, I’ve built an activities relationship to Architects which creates an email relationship. This should be good enough to be able to relate emails to Architects. I have tested in dev and it works no problem. However, in production, not so much.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1. Added to parent_type list in dropdown editor
  2. Double checked the custom/vardefs, metadata, etc. and it all looks proper
  3. Re saved the relationship
  4. R&R
  5. Rebuilt relationships
  6. Checked the cache folder for the same, and the relationships are there.

Not sure where else to look, obviously something didn’t get saved somewhere. Anyone run into this?

Do you have any errors into log files or console? :thinking:

Thanks @rsp nothing other than the usual IMAP errors:

Tue Feb 20 10:32:32 2024 [1244654][888][FATAL] ImapHandler trying to use a non valid resource stream.
Tue Feb 20 10:32:32 2024 [1244654][888][FATAL] ImapHandler trying to use a non valid resource stream.
Tue Feb 20 10:32:39 2024 [1244501][1][FATAL] An Imap error detected: "IMAP clearFlagFull error"
Tue Feb 20 10:32:39 2024 [1244501][1][FATAL] ImapHandler trying to use a non valid resource stream.
Tue Feb 20 10:32:39 2024 [1244501][1][FATAL] ImapHandler trying to use a non valid resource stream.

The clearflag one is a new one, but don’t think it’s pertinent to this.

I just found that the folders in /custom/mycustommodule have a slightly stricter permission than the rest. Going to see if a change there solves it.

Hope, that will solve your issue :crossed_fingers:

Well I was hoping that was it, unfortunately not. It’s so weird, I can relate a call to an Architect, just non an email. In my other install, custom modules show up just by adding the relationship to emails. There must be something I’m missing here.

Yep, you are forgetting to do something that you usually do.

Ok if anyone else runs into this, the email module uses a completely different dropdown list to relate to the parent type.

Other modules like tasks and calls use parent_type_display dropdown.

If you want to use it to relate your custom module, you have to add it here.

If you want to relate your email to your custom module as a parent, it doesn’t use this dropdown, it uses:

record_type_display

Adding it here will allow you to relate your custom module to an email record.

1 Like

Awesome! We would like to see a video on this and other topics on your YT channel :tv: