Email Campaigns Auto Unsubscribing?

I checked that, itā€™s pretty generic windows NT. I was hoping there was something in there that IDā€™d it as Microsofts link crawler, but nothing is poping out as unique.

1 Like

Can you try an actual user action to unsubscribe, and see if there is a difference?

This is an actual unsubscibe that I just did from Sendgrid. (note thereā€™s more info here, I added the request method and IP to see if I could find something to control for but no luck, MS uses a few different IPs to crawl the links. I tried that too. In this case obviously Iā€™m using my desktop to unsubscribe so there are some differences

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 | IP Address: xx.xx.xxx.xxx | Request Method: GET

I agree, I have been following my logs for a few months.
NOTHING indicates itā€™s a scannerā€¦

I have been checking my logs for a while, there is no indication using the User Agent String whether itā€™s a bot or normal user.

At on stage I thought to check the IP addresses, there is SOME possibility in there for SOME of the unsubscribes, but that is too unreliable if they switch the ip address (which they do).

I have added a ā€œconfirmation pageā€ into my chain of events, the last mailout (Friday) has let to proper responses, my ā€œconfirmation pageā€ is now solid.

SuiteCRM needs to add one, the massive unsubscribes are a real problem.

1 Like

Happy to contribute ā€¦ but this is ā€˜a little more involvedā€™ to start with ā€¦

Step by step how to try out the Fix, here: