Email bounce handling - does it work in 7.10.6?

Can anyone confirm that they have bounce handling working OK in v7.10.6 ?? Is it just me?

  • ā€œPROCESS BOUNCED CAMPAIGN EMAILSā€ is reporting as being executed every 10 minutes.
  • I get a successful test connection to the bounce handling account.
  • Iā€™ve chosen ā€œINBOX,[Gmail],[Gmail]/All Mail,[Gmail]/Importantā€ for the Monitored Folders.
  • I can see the bounced emails sitting in the GMAIL bounce handling account, unread, from MAILER-DAEMON@xxxxxxx
  • All the emails contain their unique Identifier keys for the campaign, e.g. index.php?entryPoint=removeme&identifier=3ed82755-6833-9a9f-60ab-5b583cffa256

But no bounces are reported in the campaign.

Looking for ideas!!!

http://support.sugarcrm.com/Knowledge_Base/Campaigns_Target_Lists/Troubleshooting_Bounced_Campaign_Email_Processing/

Another observation - the emails in the GMAIL bounce account are unread. Am I correct in thinking that when SuiteCRM accesses these emails, via the ā€œfunction::pollMonitoredInboxesForBouncedCampaignEmailsā€, they should change to ā€œreadā€?

Iā€™m sorry I donā€™t have much experience with this functionality. But I recommend that you have a look at your logs looking for clues.

Maybe you can also search GitHub for similar issues, I found this one:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/5898

@pgr, thanks for the log linksā€¦ I think weā€™re getting somewhere. What does ā€œInbounc Email Connection is not valid resource for getting New Message Ids.ā€ mean?

Spelling mistake for ā€˜Inbouncā€™ is not mine :slight_smile:

Interesting that the Scheduler is reporting job done, but the log says opposite!

Process Bounced Campaign Emails every 5 mins	--- done	2018-07-26 09:55	2018-07-26 09:55	
Process Bounced Campaign Emails every 5 mins	----done	2018-07-26 09:50	2018-07-26 09:50

suitecrm.logā€¦

Thu Jul 26 09:50:02 2018 [24653][1][FATAL] Job 25fab1b8-9ee9-3d69-e945-5b59990a7409 (Process Bounced Campaign Emails every 5 mins) failed in CRON run

Thu Jul 26 09:55:02 2018 [24696][1][FATAL] Inbounc Email Connection is not valid resource for getting New Message Ids.

Thu Jul 26 09:55:02 2018 [24696][1][FATAL] Inbounc Email Connection is not valid resource for getting New Message Ids.

Thu Jul 26 09:55:02 2018 [24696][1][FATAL] Inbounc Email Connection is not valid resource for getting New Message Ids.

Thu Jul 26 09:55:02 2018 [24696][1][FATAL] Inbounc Email Connection is not valid resource for getting New Message Ids.

Thu Jul 26 09:55:02 2018 [24696][1][FATAL] Job e80d3e27-664f-2da1-96a5-5b599ab9cb31 (Process Bounced Campaign Emails every 5 mins) failed in CRON run

I donā€™t know, but look for earlier errors. It seems that is saying the connection osnā€™t good, ,aybe there were other errors during the connection attempt.

And check your Inbound email settings for that Bounce accountā€¦

Inbound email account (Gmail) is good. Double and triple checked email address and password. Interestingly, if I put in a wrong password, then save, then Test Connection ā€¦ it says connection successful. Ahem.

Anyone else use Gmail bounce account?

I can open the Bounce account in SuiteCRM via Emails>>INBOX and I can see all the bounces thereā€¦ so itā€™s a not a problem with Inbound settings :frowning:

If your problem looks like the one on that GitHub issue (sorry, I didnā€™t check with much attention) or any other you find there, please leave your message there with any additional info you have (like log content). Letā€™s hope it stirs something into actionā€¦

Iā€™ve opened a new issue ticket (#6205) with some additional details.

Anyone here know the difference between
ā€œfunction::pollMonitoredInboxesā€ (This appears in InboundEmail.php, just before the ā€œInbouncā€¦ā€ error message)

and

ā€œfunction::pollMonitoredInboxesAOPā€ (This is listed as the job in the Scheduler for ā€œCheck Inbound emailsā€)

and

ā€œfunction::pollMonitoredInboxesForBouncedCampaignEmailsā€ (In the Scheduler, this is the ā€œProcess bounced emailsā€ job)

Too confusing for me!

Fixed!!! (IMAP libraries were corrupted/missing)

Lesson learnedā€¦ TURN ON DEBUG LOGGING!!! Go to Admin >> System Settings >> set Log Level to ā€œDEBUGā€

From there, I could see the error (ā€œIMAP libraries NOT available!!!ā€), updated php-imap and voila, instant bounce handling.

Iā€™ll just go away quietly now and hope no-one noticesā€¦