Edit View showing Detail VIew

Hi,

I have a custom module.
I customized the list, detail and edit views.
I Save and Deploy, repair, restart php, etc.
I see any changes i make in the Detail View, but the Edit View is the same as the Detail VIew not what I defined in module builder.

I think i may have at one point checked ‘sync to Detail View’ but it is not checked now.

Any suggestions on what i can check?

Update … Even more curious:

Whenever I Save and Deploy from Module Builder,
~/modules/MyModule/metadata/detailviewdefs.php: ‘syncDetailEditViews’ => true,

But I dont know how this property is getting set to ‘true’ since I dont check the box.
Also, checking the box, i believe, makes Detail View look like Edit View, which is the opposite of what I am seeing.

Also, if I manually change this property to ‘false’ and restart, etc. it makes no difference - the Edit View still looks like the Detail View.

BTW, I am using 8.0

Thanks,
Arthur

Does anyone know what could cause this, as I’m having the same issue.

This is quite important as the fields that I need to be shown in Detail view are calculated fields, and therefore should not be shown in Edit view.

In v8 there are two systems

• legacy modules which still have Edit view and Detail view. Studio was built for these.

• new modules for which there is a single combined “Record view”. Studio doesn’t really know about this, but it works, though only one of the two views has any effect. I don’t recall which one, but that’s an easy thing to test.