Easy way to do buttons in email editor?

I’m setting up an email template and tried a bunch of different ways to do a call to action button in the email. None are particularly easy.

1. I tried inserting an image of a button with a link so when clicked if follows the link.
  2. I tried the <code> function and added padding and a background around a link, which kind of worked, but I had to re-style the link.
  3. The <button> html seems to work great, but then when you save the template, the HTML for the button all disappears.???

Here’s what seems to work the best:

<code style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px; background-color: #46166a; color: #ffffff; padding: 10px 10px; margin: 0px;"><a style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px; color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;" href="#">GET A QUOTE</a></code>

Anyone know of an easier way?

I’ve recently had trouble building a button in an Email Template too. I managed to create a decent button that I think works pretty well and is pretty straightforward. Basically it’s a matter of how you style the anchor tag. I wrote a blog post about how to do it. Here it is, would love to hear other ideas on how people have done this:

I used the code and it works very good indeed. At first I was using a yet for some reason it was getting stripped from the campaign. The tag works well so thank you.

1 Like

I found a better way since I originally posted this:

Looks interesting, ill give that a try thank you!

I find it best to throw the HTML directly into the database.
The wysiwyg can’t be trusted.
Throws lots of garbage into the template.
styles, divs with no purpose, etc