E-mail System

Hi
I have a question about SuiteCRM or more detailed about the E-mail funktion in SuiteCRM.
Iam using SuiteCRM on a Local Server and everything was working fine till now but when i try to set this E-mail funktion up its not working cause of an error “Fehler:SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting” and now i dont know what do also when i try it it takes very long up to 5min to give me this error.
Iam using btw Mozilla Thunderbird as E-mail provider

Iam looking forward for some help! :slight_smile:

Max

Hi, welcome.

Mozilla Thunderbird is an email client, not an email provider. Your provider is someone like Gmail, Hotmail, or similar.

Please give me a bit more information…

1. Which version of SuiteCRM is this? Please always include this information.

2. Where are trying to set up the account? In Admin / Outbound, or in a User’s profile?

3. When you get the SMTP error, you should also see a link saying “get full SMTP log”. Please provide that log contents. Thanks

Hi,
iam using the 7.10.10 version of SuiteCRM.

Iam trying to set it up under Admin/ E-mail configuration.

The error code is when i click on send test E-Mail and type in my test email where i want to have the E-Mail (praktikant@vermessungen.de): “Fehler:SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
(I hope its not a problem that my SuiteCRM is in german if it is i can change it back to english and send the screen shots again)

Thanks for your help
Max

Can you try setting up the same account, but in Admin /Outbound?

Then, if you still get the SMTP error, you should have an additional link “see SMTP full log” which let’s you find out why it’s failing.

I tryed this but still there is an error that i cant fix …
“3: Invalid address: (punyEncode) Admin Bitnami”

And thanks for your fast response :slight_smile:

You need to fill in the “From address” (I believe it is absenderaddresse in German) with your email, or else your SMTP server won’t accept the connection.

Ok, thanks that helped me :slight_smile:

I just have one last question can you help me finding the option to edit the feed in my SuiteCRM? I want to see there more then only who created an account or contact just so i have a bit more overview in my company.
would be great if you could help me

-Max

There’s no option to edit that from whithin the UI, you can do it from PHP code, though.

I remember a similar thread asking for that some time ago, but I coulnd’t find it…

Ok Thanks i will look for it :slight_smile: