E-Mail import does not work

Hello!

I recently set up SuiteCRM for my team and now we ran into the issue that the e-mail import does not work. It just shows “An error has occurred” in a small modal, so I can’t really figure out what the issue is.
We use an SMTP Server for our mails and SuiteCRM 8.1.2.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,
Can you please share a screenshot about the error display on your screen?

Hey,
thanks for your response. Here is the screenshot! I hope it helps

Hi,
could you find a solution to your problem ?
I have the same problem when trying to import Emails

No, unfortuinaly I couldn’t. I have looked at the suitecrm.log file but I couldn’t pinpoint the issue. It warns me about “Email-ID is empty” but I don’t know how to fix that.

If you find a solution, I would be glad if you could post it here

I think I found a workaround. When I click “reply”, the mail gets imported into SuiteCRM with no issues. So it seems like it isn’t even a problem with the import functionality but just with the button itself

Edit: don’t delete the draft, then it doesn’t import the mail

Has a proper fix be found for this?
I have the same problem. Cannot import emails, but the work around described by @manuel27 works.

We are experiencing the same issue using the bitnami docker of suitecrm (8.2.1-debian-11-r2)

Here is the exception that is logged out when the problem occurs:

[Fri Nov 25 23:57:18.861383 2022] [php:error] [pid 724] [client 192.168.100.1:39176] PHP Fatal error: 
 Uncaught TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string % int in /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/cache
/smarty/templates_c/%%44^449^449D18A4%%tab_panel_content.tpl.php:193\nStack trace:\n#0 
/bitnami/suitecrm/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php(1875): include()\n#1 /bitnami/suitecrm
/public/legacy/include/Sugar_Smarty.php(162): Smarty->_smarty_include()\n#2 /bitnami/suitecrm/public
/legacy/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%A2^A25^A25BDAE8%%ImportView.tpl.php(156): 
Sugar_Smarty->_smarty_include()\n#3 /bitnami/suitecrm/vendor/smarty/smarty
/libs/Smarty.class.php(1269): include('...')\n#4 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include
/Sugar_Smarty.php(145): Smarty->fetch()\n#5 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/TemplateHandler
/TemplateHandler.php(172): Sugar_Smarty->fetch()\n#6 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include
/TemplateHandler/TemplateHandler.php(361): TemplateHandler->buildTemplate()\n#7 /bitnami/suitecrm
/public/legacy/include/EditView/EditView2.php(933): TemplateHandler->displayTemplate()\n#8 /bitnami
/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/MVC/View/views/view.edit.php(104): EditView->display()\n#9 /bitnami
/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(210): ViewEdit->display()\n#10 /bitnami
/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(432): SugarView->process()\n#11 
/bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(363): 
SugarController->processView()\n#12 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy/include
/MVC/SugarApplication.php(101): SugarController->execute()\n#13 /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy
/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()\n#14 {main}\n  thrown in /bitnami/suitecrm/public/legacy
/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%44^449^449D18A4%%tab_panel_content.tpl.php on line 193, referer: 
https://localhost/legacy/index.php?folder_name=&folder=inbound&
inbound_email_record=5022b283-839a-717b-0dbd-63813ea95ddf&uid=10&msgno=10&
module=Emails&action=DisplayDetailView

I would look into this, but so far nobody in this thread has bothered to state both his SuiteCRM and PHP versions clearly…

SuiteCRM Version 7.12.7
PHP: PHP 8.0.25

SuiteCRM Version 8.2.2
PHP: PHP 8.0.27