Dynamic dropdown not working

Hello guys,

I’m trying to create a new field type dynamic dropdown, but when i try to save it, then this error appears, and the field is not created.
How can I fix that?

Thx :slight_smile:

Did you fill all the necessary fields properly? Did you set the parent dropdown?

Hey, I filled every field and then when i click save that error appears, i dont have the parent dropdown field that you are talking about.

A dynamic dropdown needs a parent dropdown! Give me some time and i’ll create a post of how to use the dynamic dropdown.

Hey, that would be great man!

Thanks so much :smiley:

Wow, that’s a really good guide, but after reading it and test it, i’m not sure dyamic dropdown it’s what i wanted, I’m sorry.

What i want is a list of workers, that the crm-user can only choose one and he also can ADD new workers to the list, that’s what i want and i thought, that i needed dynamic dropdown to do that.

Do you know how can I do that? It seems pretty easy, but i can’t find how to do it.

Thanks for the great guide :smiley:

You can create a simple (secondary) module that may called Workers and has only a field name.
And add a relate field to your first module. So your crm-user can add new worker at Workers module and then relate them with your primary module.
Hope that helps

1 Like

That’s exactly what I wanted, sorry i was a bit confused about how to do it.

Big thanks erevodifosin, very helpfull as always :slight_smile:

You are welcome shuakai.
I am trying to do my best!

Hi erevodifosin,

Thanks for your detailed post.
I’ve been using dynamic dropdown for some time, but I find a problem with it.

Since the item labels that we create in the dynamic dropdowns are in the format <parent_list>_
they are inserted in this same format in the database, while ideally only ‘item’ should be inserted in the database table.

Is there a fix to this?

I read in the forums, where people say that it is only possible by using some custom coding.

Thanks for your time

I don’t know how to change the format. But if you want to change the inserted format you must also modigy how the program will handle while reading the data. Such a modification may not be upgrade-safe.

EDIT: Actually i don’t find any actual reason to do that.

You are right. That would be extensive work.

Thanks for your reply.