Dropdown menus

Hello community
New to suiteCRM, installed via Bitnami installer, Bitnami stack installed on vista contains mysql & apache.
Top level dropdown menu (home, sales, marketing, support, activities. collaboration) empty
Need help knowing why and what to do
Thanks

Hi there,

Can you provide some screen shots?

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will

Thanks for quick response.
Please see screen shot attached.
I was thinking of un-installing and re-installing, but would like to know where I went wrong to avoid recurrence.
Doug

Hi Doug,

Can you re-attach, seems they didn’t attach.

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will
I eventually got a message from the system about the version of the browser I was using (to connect to the web server). Switching to Chrome sorted the mystery of the invisible menu items.

The system is very intuitive and I am able to navigate the demo using your acccount reasonably well, but is there a forum thread dealing with the module user guides, as I do not see the connection between say the AOS module guide (from documentation page) and the version of SuiteCRM from Bitnami stack for windows 32bit I am using.

Thanks
Doug

Hi there,

AOS is a module within SuiteCRM. The module user guides cover the modules that are exclusive to SuiteCRM(not in SugarCRM CE). There is not a full ‘SuiteCRM’ userguide as yet.

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will
Thanks for your attention and guidance.
I have been navigating a test installation created using the Bitnami stack for SuiteCRM, and happily finding most of the functionality spoken of directly from the menus; However the User Interface does not seem to match the top level UI described in the user guide(s) and I would be gratified if you could clarify a few points:

It seems all or most/all of the SuiteCRM modules (AOS, AOW, AOR, AOP, AOE, …) were automatically installed during the Bitnami SuiteCRM stack installation; Can you confirm or qualify this? and; Is it still necessary to use the Module Loader referred to in the AOS user guide? How is this Module loader invoked?

The home page I get after logging-in does not explicitly display ‘Admin Panel’, how do I navigate to ‘Advanced OpenSales panel’ to find the ‘AOS Settings page’?

In the PDF Template section of the AOS user guide, reference is made to editing the ‘pdf_template_type_dom’ to extend the list of modules available for the Type field; Where is ‘pdf_template_type_dom’ located? Where/How is the drop down editor functionality invoked/called?

Does this message editor have a undo button?

We intend to migrate to the hosted option after we have imported/entered our data into the local system and train a few users.
Thanks to you and your team for providing such a powerful business system.

Doug

Hi Doug,

SuiteCRM is SugarCRM CE 6.5.x(latest version) with AOS, AOP, AOE, AOR, AOW, AOD, AOT and social integration pre-configured.

Modules for the extensions are as follows:

• AOS - Quotes, Invoices, Contracts, PDF Templates, Products, Product Categories modules.
  • AOW - Workflow module.
  • AOE - Events module.
  • AOD - Search(This can be enabled/disabled in Admin).
  • AOP - Cases module(there is also a joomla component to create/manage cases in Joomla(configured in Admin).
  • AOR - Reports module.
  • AOT - Theme for SuiteCRM

Along with third party modules such as JJW maps & Security Suite.

The Admin panels for the custom modules are accessible by navigating to Admin in the top right of the CRM screen.

The pdf_template_type_dom is located in the Drop Down Editor(Admin -> Drop Down Editor and/or Admin -> Studio -> Drop Down Editor).

Thanks for the feed back!

Kind Regards,

Will.

Will
Thanks for the info. on the admin panel, which I found jsut after calling for help.

I am trying to install the quickCRM mobile (QuickCRM-Module-Basic 3.3.5) module but keep getting an invalid package message from the module loader. Is this a known issue? Is there some change to the manifest that could fix this?

My stack:
SuiteCRM Version 7.1.4
Sugar Version 6.5.18 (Build 1110)
MySQL Server 5.5.4 Community Ed.
Apache 5.0.10
phpMyAdmin 4.2.9.1

Doug