Dropdown Editor creates corrupt language file

When an end user edits and saves a dropdown list using the Dropdown Editor in Studio, the custom language file en_us.lang.php gets corrupt, causing a fatal error in the whole system. This is part of the file that gets corrupt:

$GLOBALS['app_list_strings']['onboard_asterisk_cli_list']=array (
 '' => '',
 '06....' => '....',
 '06....' => '.... Poseidon',
 '06....' => '....',
 '06....' => '....',
 '06....' => '....',
 '06....' => '.... Onboard',
 '06....' => '.... Sales',
 '06....' => '.... Management',
 '06....' => '.... Techniek',
 '06....' => '.... Iamsterdam',
 '06....' => '.... Recruitment',
 '06....' => '.... OV',
);
Keienbergweg 12, 1101 GB, Geen parkplaatsen!!',
);

$GLOBALS['app_list_strings']['onboard_locatie_list']=array (
 '' => '',
 'locatie_sittard...s' => 'Sec... Arendstraat 8, 6135 KT',
 'locatie_rosmale...as' => 'Se...n; De Grote Elst 70, 5246 JR',
 'locatie_amsterd...tas' => 'S...dam (ZO); Keienbergweg 12, 1101 GB, Geen parkplaatsen!!',
 'locatie_amsterd...d' => 'Onb...lein 2-N, 1013NJ, Amsterdam',
);

Please note that some of the text is dashed for privacy reasons. The concerning part is in the middle: Keienbergweg 12, 1101 GB, Geen parkplaatsen!!’, and the line below. These two lines are not a paste failure of me, it is exactly the content of the language file generated by the Dropdown Editor. Manually fixing the file helps for some time, but gets corrupt as soon as end-user saves in Dropdown Editor. We even deleted and regenerated this dropdown list. I assume that the problem is the text ); (bracket+semicolon) in the third dropdown option of onboard_locatie_list.

Using SuiteCRM Version 7.7.6 on Sugar Version 6.5.24 (Build 509).

Could you please post this on Github and a developer will investigate :slight_smile:

Does this cause the whole crm system to fail leaving a white screen? I think I have done this a couple of times trying to add new drop-downs to the client records. It’s most frustrating to have reinstall everything from a backup just to undo the damage and try again.

Would just restoring the “en_us.lang.php” file from a backup fix it?