Dropdown - Default value is not displayed

So the default vaule chosen in the custom dropdown doesn’t display in the actual lead:

I marked the “Vælg i listen” e.g. “Chose from the list”, but it doesn’t dispplay that in the actual lead field:
instead its just a blank field.

It will only display if you chose to click on the leads Action >>> “Edit”:
and do it in edit view.

Am I missing something here?

Also I had set it as a mandatory field - but it doesn’t act that way at all. (Unless you are I direct edit view…

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t think a default value is what you want it to be.

What a default value is in SuiteCRM is a value that populates a field when you’re editing it.

You want an automatically populated value. I would do that with a workflow for new records.

1 Like

Correct. Thank you @pgr
I want the value to be seen/populated directly in the lead record by default.
I think it makes total sense for a dropdown for example to display “Chose value” / “Chose from the list” to all users before they even touched it.

Never played around with the work flows to far. I suppose I have to look into that.

Workflows are awesome :slight_smile: If you need a hand just msg

1 Like

I really think the default value will do what you want. I don’t think you’ve selected it by the looks of your screen shot. I should be highlighted in blue. Click it till it turns blue, then it’s the default value.

It will only be default if no other value is chosen. If another value was previously saved it will not overwrite.

Yes, you are sort of correct.
After imported the leads to my clients CRM it wont show in the “inline Edit” view.

It only displays if you go to to >>> Actions >>> Edit and then edit the inside the target/lead/opportunity record itself (in this case we are only using the leads module though):

So is there a way to make SuiteCRM also show the value in default view E.G. inline mode?

Thanks…

Yes, if the field is blank, any edit on the record will change the record to the default value. Be careful because ANY edit on the record will change the field to the default value ie: mass update. I’ve done that once before!

1 Like

Thanks. Yes indeed.
Mass update is a an opportunity too to make a massive mistake… :joy:

Haven’t looked into doing a mass update on a custom drop down field yet, so not really sure how to do it though. But that might the answer.