documents in folders

Hello friends. I’m new to SuiteCRM and I need your help. Is there any way to create folders to separate the documents better. I need to work with hundreds of documents on the job I’m about to start. It would be great if you could put in folders to organize better.

See this

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/developer-help/19561-splitting-uploads-folder-into-subdirectories

maybe add your voice there, try to motivate them to continue… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

The function I am looking for are folders and subfolders in the frontend, similar to the espoCRM feature, but I saw that SuiteCRM does not have this function. Thank you very much for your attention.

Ah, sorry, I didn’t get that.

First you might want to start by reading this:

https://pgorod.github.io/How-Documents-Stored/

The TL;DR version is: do you need to keep multiple revisions? If not, use Notes instead, to attach files.

Then, there are a bunch of ways in which you can segment files in SuiteCRM to make it easier to manage the complexity of the thousands of Documents. It’s likely that one of these ways will make more sense to you than folders.

For example, you can split Documents by Accounts, by Contacts, by Task, etc. If you tell me a little bit about what you’re actually trying to achieve I can suggest ways to organize your data.

You can also make a custom module called “Folder” and have a bunch of notes under it, and also other Folders, emulating a directory structure. But I don’t think this will be as effective as what I propose in the previous paragraph. If you just wanted file management you would be using a file management system, a shared folder, etc.

1 Like

I have no idea how I would do this, but I will study Suitecrm better to try to understand these other forms of document organization. From what I saw, the search filter is pretty close to what I need, but I find it complex for the average user. If I could select a category and all the documents in that category were shown my problem would be solved. (Sorry for the Bad English).

You can do that, you can add a Dropdown field (in Studio and in Dropdown Editor) and use it in the filters.