Display full details inline for the first item in SubPanel

Hello everybody,
I am new to SuiteCRM and I have a question regarding Panels and SubPanels (heads-up, as I am new to SuiteCRM, my wording might be inaccurate, so please feel free to correct me).
Here is what I am trying to achieve:

1. If you look at this screenshot, you can see “My Calls” at the very top.
  2. In this “My Calls” subpanel, you can see 5 entries
  3. What I am trying to do is display a detailed view of the very first item (“new implementation contract renewal reminder”) but keep the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th items displayed as rows (i.e, as they are showing right now in the screenshot).
    This means that the 1st item would show a full detail view in this “My Calls” SubPanel, (ideally, it would look like the QuickEdit UI…but in a View mode, not an Edit mode).

From a business perspective, I do not want my Users to have to click on the 1st item to see the details of it. I’d like the 1st item to show all its data, right there in the SubPanel view. However, for the following items (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th,… I do not mind showing only a summary/row for them, as they are less important for my Users. My Users basically will care more about the 1st item of the list)

Hopefully my explanations make sense, if not let me know I can give you more details.

Your help will very appreciated, thanks all!

As said in a previous post this is not possible without custom coding. Indecently you are showing the home screen which shows dashlets these are different from the sub panels in actual modules. So you would have to create a totally custom calls dashlet to display what you want in the home screen.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply! Yes, my mistake…my question was about SubPanel in Modules and not the Home screen. Is “custom coding” still the answer or is there some kind of configuration to achieve the same Requirement in the Modules?

Assuming “custom coding” is still the answer, would you say (based on your experience) that this is heavy custom coding or is it more a few tweaks here and there?

Thank you,

Its a lot more than a few tweaks here and there. I’m not even sure how you would go about doing that tbh.

Thank you Andy!

ok we have in-line php and js files already in core instance… we have any solution to call them in sub panel in modules for the sub panel fields in line editing …

Thanks.