Disabling AjaxUI

Just a word of advice from those that have done it, have you seen any major side effects after disabling the AjaxUI? Iā€™m afraid it will cause a lot of problems.

Unfortunately any sort of complex modification of the very top navigation header becomes very hard with this thing enabled, so Iā€™m thinking of just disabling it altogether

I wouldnā€™t recommend disabling it, itā€™s been there for so long, and nobody is really testing SuiteCRM without AJAXā€¦ you wander off into uncharted territory.

I admit I am not very knowledgeable in this, but I believe you donā€™t need to turn off AJAX in order to use non-AJAX links. They can co-exist. So if you need custom stuff and donā€™t want to use AJAX, you just add non-AJAX links there, right?

Thank you for the reply. Iā€™ll keep it in mind.

Problem is that with ajaxui enabled I canā€™t customize the header properly. It doesnā€™t read cookies and $_REQUEST in _headerModuleList.tpl and unfortunately itā€™s stalling the whole project, probably due to my lack of knowledge of JS, so I have no choice but to sail into the uncharted territory :frowning:

What exactly are you trying to do in _headerModuleList.tpl?

If you work on the file that includes it you will probably have a better chance. That one is just a tpl, a Template. There is another PHP file loading it and constructing a page from it. Thatā€™s probably the best place to add JS stuff.

Hi

Thank you. More specifically I try to read the $_COOKIE that is set and also the value of $_REQUEST, itā€™s being invoked by the displayheader() function in sugarView class, but the problem is that it always displays the module as ā€œhomeā€ no matter what page weā€™re on and Iā€™m not able to read the $_COOKIE values. Iā€™m sure itā€™s simple stuff for anyone that knows JS, Iā€™m just very bad at it.

Guess Iā€™ll be the guinea pig and if ever anything goes terribly wrong with AjaxUI disabled, Iā€™ll report it here :slight_smile:

so far so good, btw if anyoneā€™s wondering where to disable it completely (donā€™t do this if youā€™re trying to disable it for specific modules), then you would do it inside the config.php file

and set the following to true like so:
ā€˜disableAjaxUIā€™ => true,

P.S: loving the new forum format

1 Like