Disable Salutation Permanently

Hi,

I just donā€™t need Salutation field in Contacts nor in Leads. How should I disable it permanently. Please advice.

Rgds,

Hi hzzg6y,

You would need to manually remove this part of the first name field from the edit view as this cannot be removed using Studio. To do this, remove the ā€œcustomCodeā€ section of code from the first name array(around lines 58 & 59) of the editviewdefs.php files in Leads and Contacts.

Thanks,

Will.

I am using the latest SuiteCRM 7.0.1

Please advice also on removing the Contact detail viewā€¦ I donā€™t want
ā€œActivitiesā€, ā€œHistoryā€, Leads, Direct Report subpanels.

Even in Calls viewā€¦ I am seeing two times the Contact Subpanel.

Even in Accounts view " I see on Subpanel named ā€œMember Organizationsā€ which I
donā€™t need.

Hello Will,

I have made the changes as below however Salutation is still appearing.... Please advice. 

-bash-3.2$pwd
/var/chroot/home/content/58/4997958/html/SuiteCRM/modules/Contacts/metadata

array (
    array (
      array (
        'name' => 'first_name',

// RM ā€˜customCodeā€™ => ā€˜{html_options name=ā€œsalutationā€ id=ā€œsalutationā€ options=$fields.salutation.options selected=$fields.salutation.value}ā€™
// . ā€™Ā ',
),

-bash-3.2$ pwd
/var/chroot/home/content/58/4997958/html/SuiteCRM/modules/Leads/metadata
-bash-3.2$

array (

array (

array (
    'name' => 'first_name',

//RM ā€˜customCodeā€™ => ā€˜{html_options name=ā€œsalutationā€ id=ā€œsalutationā€ options=$fields.salutation.options selected=$fields.salutation.value}ā€™
// . ā€™Ā ',
),

),

array (
  'last_name',
  'phone_work',

Hi hzzg6y,

Did you have developer mode on and did you perform a Quick Repair & Rebuild after executing the changes?

Thanks,

Will.

you should be doing your customisations in Custom e.g. ā€˜SuiteCRM/custom/modules/Contacts/metadataā€™

Yes, I did switched ON the Developer mode & also ran Quick Repair. I still see that Salutation is coming Edit mode of Contacts & Leads.

Hi there,

Did you follow the steps Matt recommended?

Thanks,

Will.

yes, My mistake. Thanks you very much Matt & Will. You had been really very helpful & Quick. Keep it up.