Deprecated: Using unregistered function "file_exists" in a template is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use Smarty::registerPlugin to explicitly register a custom modifier

Hi everyone . I have just installed Suitecrm 8.7 Dev pacckage on localhost Xampp 3.3. having
PHP 8.2.12 .
also
Angular CLI: 18.1.3
Node: 20.16.0
Package Manager: yarn 1.22.22 have set up

on my dashboard after login just below navbar I get this
Deprecated : Using unregistered function “file_exists” in a template is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use Smarty::registerPlugin to explicitly register a custom modifier. in C:\xampp\htdocs\lingua\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 663
so far i have not customized anything .everything is default I think so. I have seen Prod log file it is also 80% of depricated warnings.

Setting the following in php.ini would help get rid of these errors

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING

1 Like

still same on dashboad/home page.but yes comparitively less warnings in prod log .

In php.ini turn off display_errors

Then restart webserver

1 Like

still error displayed

You probably didn’t change the correct php.ini, there is more than one.

You can go in Admin / Diagnostics / phpinfo to check the exact php.ini path and filename.

2 Likes

yes its gone now thank you … I Wish ignoring such errors/turning off error_Display will not harm any function/module .

On the contrary, echoing errors onto the screen is not a best-practice. Removing them convenient, I think it avoids further problems, such as when unexpected messages (which might be as irrelevant as a deprecation notice) appear in strange parts of the screen and break the app in strange ways which might not be obvious to troubleshoot.

The best-practice is simply to log to a file, and check logs regularly.

1 Like