I need to add the ability to add a deposit amount to a contract. What would the best way to do this? Does anyone else have this option programmed and how did you do it?
I guess we could add “deposit” as a product and add that to each contract but it seems like a bit of a work around.
Isn’t this a simple field that you add to the module in Studio?
- create new field to hold amount in deposit
- add that field to edit view
- add that field to detail view
- add that field to list view if you want it to appear there
We have something similar inside Invoices
Deposit %= Dropdown
Deposit Amount = £
Deposit Due Date = Date
You can use AOW calculated fields to work out the deposit amount from the grand total field
Seems to work well for us
- We also added these fields to the PDF template for the invoice
Thanks, that seems like a good way to do what I want.
I haven’t used calculated fields yet so I will have to dig into the documentation and learn how to use them.