Deleting Unnecessary Files

I have almost maxed out the available file usage space that I have with my hosting provider and it’s mainly due to SuiteCRM files. I was told I can delete some of these files to free up some space. Problem is I don’t know which files are safe to delete. Can someone tell me which files I can safely delete without negatively affecting the application?

Hi,
1: It depends upon your Use, How many modules from SuiteCRM you are using? And which one?
2: And second thing is your Upload files, some of unnecessary files we can check.
3: Third thing is your database, have you run the CRON job to delete soft deleted records? and have you also checked tracker table?

Thanks

You can delete the entire folder cache/upgrades/temp.

There was a bug that caused files to pile up in that folder. Check how much things improve after deleting that.

After that, use some utility software to know where your files are. In Linux, you can use du for this; or ncdu which is the same with a nicer UI. In Windows, I suggest TreeSize Free.

1 Like

That’s great. Deleting the cache/upgrades/temp folder took me from being 96% file usage to 21%. Thank you!

Thanks and about deleting not necessary files, if I have suitecrm 8.5.x and I have thousands of files at this path maybe I am freel to delete them too? tmp/package/upgrade

Thank you @pgr :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Probably yes. To be safe, I’d backup that directory first, then delete its contents.

Hey @matteoraggi,

Like @chris001 said, after upgrade you should be ok to delete the contents of tmp/package/upgrade. This path only seems to be referenced on the upgrade code.

Oops! I deleted it without taking a backup :dizzy_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_peeking_eye: