Database failure. Please refer to HaloocomCRM.log for details

Hi,

I am trying to add new input fields from admin ->Studio -> Case-> Fields->add fields
when I tried i was getting error called Database failure. Please refer to CRM.log for details.

how can I solve this issue ?

please help on it ?

Note : I am using 7.11.15 version .

Thanks
Sandeep

Hi @muralasandeep123
Can you please share log file…
Thank you

Hi @vijay1992

Thank you so much for your valuable reponse.

I am new to this CRM so could you tell me where I can get the log files .

Thanks
Sandeep

Hello there :wave:

First off, I’m interested in the name of the file this thread is referring to: HaloocomCRM.log? Is this a CRM you are using? If so, how did you deduce that it’s a wrapper of a SuiteCRM instance?

Reading the log file… there is alot of fatals. I don’t think we can resolve them all without knowing how customised this instance is… This HaloocomCRM coudl have tons of additional customisations that are affecting how studio is working. But lets just see any immediate issues…

Wed Dec  1 13:25:24 2021 [6127][1][FATAL] Cannot create column Query Failed: ALTER TABLE cases_cstm add COLUMN test123_c varchar(255)  NULL : MySQL error 1118: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
Wed Dec  1 13:25:24 2021 [6127][1][FATAL] Exception handling in /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php:400
Wed Dec  1 13:25:24 2021 [6127][1][FATAL] Exception in Controller: Database failure. Please refer to CRM.log for details.
Wed Dec  1 13:25:24 2021 [6127][1][FATAL] backtrace:
#0 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/include/database/DBManager.php(353): sugar_die('Database failur...')
#1 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/include/database/DBManager.php(328): DBManager->registerError('Cannot create c...', 'Cannot create c...', true)
#2 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/include/database/MysqliManager.php(179): DBManager->checkError('Cannot create c...', true)
#3 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/modules/DynamicFields/DynamicField.php(657): MysqliManager->query('ALTER TABLE cas...', true, 'Cannot create c...')
#4 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/modules/DynamicFields/templates/Fields/TemplateField.php(594): DynamicField->addFieldObject(Object(TemplateText))
#5 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/modules/ModuleBuilder/controller.php(399): TemplateField->save(Object(DynamicField))
#6 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(525): ModuleBuilderController->action_SaveField()
#7 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(494): SugarController->do_action()
#8 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(468): SugarController->handle_action()
#9 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/modules/ModuleBuilder/controller.php(101): SugarController->process()
#10 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(373): ModuleBuilderController->process()
#11 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(113): SugarController->execute()
#12 /srv/www/htdocs/CRM/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#13 {main}

Looks like you’re adding a new Text field but there is already a large number of fields in that table. How big (number of columns) is in that cases_cstm table?

You may need to start adjusting the length of characters of other fields so that you can add more fields to it.