Database errors in suitecrm.log upgrading to 7.10.30

This morning I attempted to upgrade our test environment from 7.10.25 to 7.10.30. Initially I got an error at the end:

CREATE INDEX idx_user_name ON users (user_name,is_group,status,last_name (30),first_name (30),id)::: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near '('.

Looking around on here had me try to remove " (30)" from a couple of lines in modules\users\vardef.php, and after a repair I’m now on this error:

[FATAL] Executing repair query:  Query Failed:ALTER TABLE meetings ALTER COLUMN [date_start] datetime NULL::: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The conversion of a datetime2 data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated.

MS SQL database, PHP 7.3.13/IIS 10 on Server 2019

Make sure you install the Upgrade Patch 1.0.1 from module loader before upgrading to the last version https://suitecrm.com/upgrade-suitecrm/

Unfortunately I had already run that patch before attempting this upgrade. Thanks for the reply though!

Turns out this might be bad data from a previous data import in our system, so we’re going to check that out. Just wanted to write something because I hate those forum posts that have my exact problem and no resolution.

1 Like

Ron Howard narrating: It was bad data.

1 Like