Database Corruption?

Version 7.10.30

Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

Hi All,

I think I have database corruption. I created a simple report, as below.

It works fine, but sometimes I have contacts appear 2 or 3 times, when I edit the date on one of the records they all disappear, as they should, but I still get 3 instances in the future when the date is correct for the report.

I’ve also had problems with the sugar email client, that followed the database. I built a new SuiteCRM server all worked perfectly, imported the database and the problem followed it. Here’s the post Weird Email client problem - #18 by JulianHarmer

So I think there’s something wrong with the data base, I’ve tried the quick repair, but it hasn’t helped.

I’ve attached today’s log file, although I’ve left it alone today.

I installed SuiteCRM, it’s critical to my little business, can you help me please. Let me know what files you need.

Thanks.
suitecrm_09_20_21.zip (2.1 KB)

Looking at the logs that may be the case. There is a lot of convert: Conversion of 21/09/2021 08:15 from Y-m-d H:i:s to d/m/Y H:i failed. Have a look in the database (Do you have PHPMyAdmin or something similar to look at the database through a GUI?) and the contact’s table. All the date formats should be using the database YYYY-MM-DD H:i:s format. Is yours different?

I’ve installed PHPAdmin and had a look, they seem to be right

Here’s a screen shot. Any thoughts?

Thanks

They look fine.

Have you tried setting your personal preferences to YYYY-MM-DD H:i:s in SuiteCRM itself and then tried your report. I’m specifically interested in those convert: Conversion of 21/09/2021 08:15 from Y-m-d H:i:s to d/m/Y H:i failed

Just a bit of advice - when you get multiple records in a query, it’s not necessarily database corruption (that usually just causes fatal errors or garbled data), it’s more frequently a matter of relationships, due to an imperfection in the way that the query is built, that only manifests in some cases.

So if you pay attention to the repetition you might find a pattern: for example, you get a contact repeated 3 times if that contact has 3 calls.

1 Like

This is also true as @pgr says…

If you don’t see the pattern as @pgr says perhaps you could try adding another field name Calls > ID and then group by that field, that may reduce the number of visible duplicates.

1 Like