Data import assigned to user

Hi there,

i would like to import some company data and assign it to a single user. I tried the two fields in the import dialog but that doesn´t work… After opening a imported company i have to select the user manually.

So my question is if it is possible to change the assignment after importing the files. I only found the possibility to change the authorization groups to a selection, but not to a single user.

Would be great to hear from you.

Best regards

Mo

Hi Mo,

If the data is already imported you can use the mass update functionality to change the assigned user of a number of records. Select the records from the list view (you may want to search to only include the imported records) select the records you wish to change and select “Mass Update” from the dropdown action menu. A panel at the bottom should allow you to set the assigned user.

Since mass updates can affect a large number of records it’s always wise to ensure you have a backup should any accidents occur.

The importer should allow you to import an assigned user however. If this wasn’t working for you you may want to raise an issue on the issue tracker: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues

Hope this helps,
Jim

Hello Jim,

thank you very much for your quick answer. The Mass Update shows only the possibility to change the group, not to a single user. Do i have to change something in the settings? (The data is already imported)

For newer importdata i have only the two fields in the Excel-sheet. But no overview of the users i would like to choose. Is it a case for the issue tracker?

Best regards,

Mo

Ok, found the right button. It´s working now!

Thanks again.