Dashboard Configuration Storage Location

Users have custom dashboard configurations by userā€¦ where/how is this data stored? .php file, in mysql? Iā€™m not finding it.

Thanks,
sieberta

Hello,

a very good question and Iā€™ve never looked for it ā€¦

Since each user can also reset the settings in his user profile, the settings in the cache should be present.

Iā€™m also looking for the same topic
Somebody here who can help?

Thx :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking for the same thing, in the db schema online, thereā€™s a ā€œdashboardsā€ table, but Iā€™m not seeing it in suite.

Looked through the file hierarchy as well, but seems to be stock templates, and custom templates - whereā€™s the user data?

It looks like it is stored in the user_preferences table. There is a record with a category of ā€œHomeā€ and subsequent records with a category of ā€œHome2_MODULENAMEā€ tied to each user id. The contents are encrypted though.

Wow, so I guess thereā€™s no way to easily see the code that would have to be entered into the dashlets.php file, to set the default dash layout for new users?

Which would have been my next question, I was hoping I could just copy/paste my user dash layout into the default file and have it be set for everyone.

Maybe that would be possible if the content field were decrypted? MD5 hash?

I donā€™t really know an easy way to that without writing custom code. I do know there is an extension already that allows admins to copy dashboards when setting up new users and such. I added the link below. I am in no way affiliated with this extension.

https://store.suitecrm.com/addons/dashboard-copy-manager

1 Like

Thanks digitalmcgrath! I did see the plugins, and Iā€™m led to think that they are trying to push the sales/subscriptions hence the encryption (why else!?) and difficult-to-find info on the dashlets.

I just canā€™t justify $200 per year for such a one-time setup, but if I find a solution I will post it here for anyone else looking.

I used this. https://github.com/geraldclark/DashboardManager

Works with only one bug that I found on:

Version 7.8.5
Sugar Version 6.5.24 (Build 509)
CENTOS 6.9 x86_64
cPanel & WHM 64.0 (build 29)
Apache 2.2
PHP 5.5
MPM Prefork

One bug I dont have time to work on. Some kind of permission issue with the module popup selector. Tried to create a report dashlet and it would not let me select one. but everything else works. Shares across the board to users or You can assign one time default or lock the dashboard to any saved layout.

Itā€™s not encrypted. Use unserialize(base64_decode(ā€˜STRINGā€™)); You will then see the array.