Custom unsubscribe link

Hi!

We’ve coded some prety nice HTML templates to send emails to our users. The problem is that in our templates, we have a footer with the classic “unsubscribe” and “view in browser” links.

Is there any way to insert the unsubscribe URL in our link, instead of having the standard message appendend at the end of the mail?

Thanks!

Can you give me the exact HTML of the links you’re talking about? I can try finding the place in the code where they are generated.

Hi!

I mean the text that says: “To remove yourself from this email list click here”

I was wondering if there is a way, like in mailchimp, to insert some kind of “shortcode” in the email template, like mailchimp’s |UNSUB| that will get replaced by each user’s unsubscrive link once te mail is sent.

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

See here

/var/www/html/modules/EmailMan/EmailMan.php:1036:                    $mail->Body .= "<br /><span style='font-size:0.8em'>{$mod_strings['TXT_REMOVE_ME']} <a href='" . $this->tracking_url . "index.php?entryPoint=removeme&identifier={$this->getTargetId()}'>{$mod_strings['TXT_REMOVE_ME_CLICK']}</a></span>";

/var/www/html/modules/EmailMan/EmailMan.php:1046:                    $mail->AltBody .= "\n\n\n{$mod_strings['TXT_REMOVE_ME_ALT']} " . $this->tracking_url . "index.php?entryPoint=removeme&identifier={$this->getTargetId()}";

Your suggestion sounds like a good enhancement. As long as it still works “as usual” for other users who don’t care about customizing the link. That would be a nice code contribution for someone from the Community to make :wink:

haha sure! You’re right!

I’ll take a look at the documentation, and ask some of our developers to try to develop it! :slight_smile: