Custom Google SSO

Hello everyone,

I’m facing an issue after migrating from SuiteCRM 7 to SuiteCRM 8 and would appreciate any guidance. In SuiteCRM 7, I had an extension that allowed my users to log in with their Google accounts. However, after the migration, the Google login button only appears in the /legacy interface, and when logging in, it only creates a session in that environment. When I try to access any page in the new interface, I’m prompted to log in again, but only with a username and password.

I’ve reviewed other posts on this topic, but many are outdated or lack clear solutions. I’ve also seen mentions of directly integrating OAuth with Google as an Identity Provider (IdP), but I can’t find a straightforward way to achieve what I need.

As a potential solution, I’m considering extending the AuthController in Symphony to create a custom endpoint that allows generating a session from a Google Access Token. If I can get this to work, I could then focus on adding the Google login button again by following the frontend guides for SuiteCRM 8.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or experiences you could share on this topic. Thanks!

You may need to contact extension developers.

I hope the developer @cherub-chum @ChangezKhan would update for SuiteCRM 8.x.

Hi,

As you have migrated from SuiteCRM 7 to 8. We need to check if the custom code for Google login is compatible with SuiteCRM 8. SuiteCRM 8 has a different architecture compared to SuiteCRM 7, so the integration code will need adjustments.

We have migrated many integrations from SuiteCRM 7 to SuiteCRM 8 that require the restructuring of the code. Migrating custom authentication like Google login to SuiteCRM 8 involves updating or re-implementing the OAuth integration to be compatible with the new architecture. This often requires setting up Google OAuth credentials, integrating them with Symfony components, and ensuring consistent session handling across interfaces.