Custom fields not appearing in studio

Hi all,
A friend of mine has created custom db fields from studio. After doing “Repair and Rebuild”, he gets custom fields and custom db table of particular module. Now, I cloned his code and did “Repair and Rebuild” but I did not get either custom_fields nor custom db table. I can see custom fields defined in “custom/modules/module_name/Ext/Vardefs/vardefs.ext.php” but those custom fields did not appear in studio. What am I missing?
Thanks!

1 Like

@kiszna

You can’t do that. You should take records about fields from the table fields_meta_data of db to addition to the files.
SuiteCRM support two different ways to addition field.

• using Studio. The information about field is seting in the table fields_meta_data of db and file.
    – the file name has format - custom/Extension/modules/<module_name>/Ext/Vardefs/_override_sugarfield_<field_name>.php
    – the field name has suffix _c
  • manualy. Create the file with the required type parameters
    – the file name has format - custom/Extension/modules/<module_name>/Ext/Vardefs/<field_name>.php

There is some information here: https://docs.suitecrm.com/developer/vardefs/

1 Like

@p.konetskiy I already have the files “custom/Extension/modules/<module_name>/Ext/Vardefs/override_sugarfield<field_name>.php”, but no luck at all. Do I have to run any commands? How does the studio generate custom table?

When you do the QR&R, are you scrolling down to the bottom to see if it offers to make changes in the Database?

Which version of SuiteCRM is this?

@kiszna

No. You have two ways.

1. Copy records from the table fields_meta_data of the db of your friend.
  2. Create the fields manually.
2 Likes

@pgr it does not offer to make any changes for the custom table! I am using SuiteCRM version 7.11.18

1 Like