Custom Field Type Inline Edit Save Logic

I explained a bit here, but due to this now being a specific hurtle I wonder inf anyone could help me understand how inline edits are implemented.

https://suitecrm.com/forum/developer-help/7453-creating-custom-field-types

I have a custom field type, and I have my own php being ran before a save. That code does not get ran for inline editing as the process is different with inline editing saves.

Anyone have a clue how I can include custom code t the save process for inline editing for custom field types?

Thanks.

custom/include/SugarFields/Fields/SocialSecurity/SugarFieldSocialSecurity.php

<?php
/*********************************************************************************
 Custom SugarField that validates and compartmentalizes Social Security Numbers.

User will have to enter social from javascript validation and php validation of XXX-XX-XXXX

If user is in role SSNBLOCK only the last 4 of the social will be displayed EX: ***-**-6789

So if the user hits save, this save logic will ensure the field is not saved as ***-**-6789
 but rather keep the original data of 123-45-6789

If the field has an updated Social Security Number then it will save.

EX: Original SS = 123-45-6789 and has a new value of ***-**-6789 it will not be saved.
 Original SS = 123-45-6789 and has a new value of 987-65-4321 it WILL be saved and updated.

This is to allow only the correct users to view the full SS and any user to update the field.

Great! and its a field type, so this type of code may be used now for CC validation or postal code validation.
 ********************************************************************************/

require_once('include/SugarFields/Fields/Base/SugarFieldBase.php');
require_once('data/SugarBean.php');
class SugarFieldSocialSecurity extends SugarFieldBase {

//need to specify to system to use SearchView.tpl for search instead of the edit view field with masking
	function getSearchViewSmarty($parentFieldArray, $vardef, $displayParams, $tabindex) {
      return $this->getSmartyView($parentFieldArray, $vardef, $displayParams, $tabindex, 'SearchView');
    }

//here we alter the save logic to check for ***-**- masking and prevent the system form saving this,
	//also do secondary validaiton to prevent save incase javascript fails to work on the webpage.
	public function save($bean, $params, $field, $properties, $prefix = '') {
	 if ( isset($params[$prefix.$field]) ) {
		 if(isset($properties['len']) && isset($properties['type']) && $this->isTrimmable($properties['type'])){

$bean->$field = trim($this->unformatField($params[$prefix.$field], $properties));
		 }
		 else {

$bean->$field = $this->unformatField($params[$prefix.$field], $properties);
		 }
	 }

$bean_field_data = $bean->$field;

//Here we do php validation, so if the number contains * from masking, or is incorrect format and js
		//failed to load and validate then we prevent the save by using the previous db value

if (!preg_match("/^(?!\b(\d)\1+-(\d)\1+-(\d)\1+\b)(?!123-45-6789|219-09-9999|078-05-1120)(?!666|000|9\d{2})\d{3}-(?!00)\d{2}-(?!0{4})\d{4}$/", $bean_field_data)){
			$bean->$field = $bean->fetched_row[$field];
		}

}

}

?>