custom/application/Ext/TableDictionary/tabledictionary.ext.php

Morning, I have a number of php warnings in this file that files cant be found, does anyone know where the information comes from that builds this file automatically so I can strip it out? Thanks. The errors all relate to custom modules etc. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

You can suppress PHP warning messages by inserting the lines

ini_set(‘display_errors’,0);

Into your index.php file.

1 Like

Thanks John, I would rather deal with the underlying problems that generated the errors / warnings rather than simply hide them from view.

I know this is an old post…but obviously I ended up here…

custom/application/Ext/TableDictionary/tabledictionary.ext.php

can be rebuilt by going to the Admin Console->Repair->Rebuild relationships

That script goes through all of the files associated with modules that you’ve installed. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, then there are still some files left over that are claiming that resources/files still exist. In which case - time to ‘grep -inr’ and hunt them down :wink:

OK - appears that there are a lot of this type of Q around, so time to link them together with an example:

My log files contain:

[05-Aug-2021 15:59:19 UTC] PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘custom/metadata/sugarchimpactivity_MetaData.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’/var/www/httpdocs/include/…:.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /var/www/httpdocs/custom/application/Ext/TableDictionary/tabledictionary.ext.php on line 106

Looking at line 106, I find:

105 //WARNING: The contents of this file are auto-generated
106 include(‘custom/metadata/sugarchimpactivity_MetaData.php’);

That module was uninstalled years ago, so lets find the cause of this:

grep -inr sugarchimpactivity_MetaData.php .
./custom/application/Ext/TableDictionary/tabledictionary.ext.php:106:include(‘custom/metadata/sugarchimpactivity_MetaData.php’);
./custom/Extension/application/Ext/TableDictionary/sugarchimpactivity_.php:3:include(‘custom/metadata/sugarchimpactivity_MetaData.php’);

One is the symptom, and the cause is :

./custom/Extension/application/Ext/TableDictionary/sugarchimpactivity_.php:3:include('custom/metadata/sugarchimpactivity_MetaData.php

So as the extension no longer exists, let’s delete that file.

rm ./custom/Extension/application/Ext/TableDictionary/sugarchimpactivity_.php
rm: remove regular file ‘./custom/Extension/application/Ext/TableDictionary/sugarchimpactivity_.php’? y
Now rebuild the relationships:

by going to the Admin Console->Repair->Rebuild relationships.
followed by a 'quick repair and rebuild and we get the problem resolved :grin:

OBVIOUSLY IF YOU’RE NOT SURE WHAT YOU’RE DOING MAKE A BACKUP - IN FACT THAT’S PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA TO DO ANYWAY. Obviously I take no responsibility for anything relating to this post!