Cron job and scheduler

Hi There!

I recently installed SuiteCRM on a Litespeed server (host) and now I’m trying to set up the scheduler.

In the cPanel I created the new cron job * * * * * cd /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1 . However nothing happend and the scheduled tasks and reports didn’t start. Therefore I removed “> /dev/null 2>&1” and started to get mails from the cron job (means the cron job was properly running) and I saw then a long list of warnings regarding Strict Standards (see below). I was not surprised because I had the same problem during the installation due to PHP 5.5 and I had to hide those warnings using code in .htaccess. However it’s supposed to be warnings only and the jobs should run properly.

Any clue why my tasks are still not running?

Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

Claude

Strict Standards: Declaration of SugarEmailAddress::save() should be compatible with SugarBean::save($check_notify = false) in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/SugarEmailAddress/SugarEmailAddress.php on line 1113

Strict Standards: Declaration of Person::create_export_query() should be compatible with SugarBean::create_export_query($order_by, $where) in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/SugarObjects/templates/person/Person.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of User::retrieve() should be compatible with Person::retrieve($id = -1, $encode = true, $deleted = true) in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/modules/Users/User.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of User::create_export_query() should be compatible with Person::create_export_query(&$order_by, &$where, $relate_link_join = '') in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/modules/Users/User.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of User::create_new_list_query() should be compatible with SugarBean::create_new_list_query($order_by, $where, $filter = Array, $params = Array, $show_deleted = 0, $join_type = '', $return_array = false, $parentbean = NULL, $singleSelect = false, $ifListForExport = false) in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/modules/Users/User.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of User::list_view_parse_additional_sections() should be compatible with SugarBean::list_view_parse_additional_sections(&$list_form) in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/modules/Users/User.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of Currency::retrieve() should be compatible with SugarBean::retrieve($id = -1, $encode = true, $deleted = true) in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/modules/Currencies/Currency.php on line 239

Strict Standards: Non-static method UploadStream::register() should not be called statically in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/entryPoint.php on line 184

Strict Standards: Non-static method SugarConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/SugarLogger/LoggerManager.php on line 76

Strict Standards: Non-static method SugarConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/SugarLogger/SugarLogger.php on line 121

Strict Standards: Declaration of MysqlManager::checkQuery() should be compatible with DBManager::checkQuery($sql, $object_name = false) in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/database/MysqlManager.php on line 1508

Strict Standards: Non-static method LogicHook::initialize() should not be called statically in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/entryPoint.php on line 239

Strict Standards: Non-static method LogicHook::initialize() should not be called statically in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/utils.php on line 3017

Strict Standards: Non-static method Tracker::logPage() should not be called statically in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/utils.php on line 3028
cron.php is CLI only.
Strict Standards: Non-static method SugarConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php on line 365

Strict Standards: Non-static method SugarConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically in /home/kttizrua/plussept-crm/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php on line 365

Am I really the only one who has this problem?

It is because of your php.ini 's error reporting settings. If you have access to php.ini try the line below
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT
If you do not have access to php.ini then do it via .htaccess
Last option (not preferred) inside /include/utils.php add error_reporting(0); This practice is not advisable as you will not have any indications if any error generates.