CRM as end to end solution for running a manufacturing facility

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has used CRM as an end to end solution.

Can we manage Bill of Materials for products, create workflows for tasks such as sample submissions to customers, auto-input of sales orders (provided we can teach the software the format and conditions in which they arrive), auto placing of purchase orders to suppliers once sales orders are received and raw materials are not in stock (maybe an approval or OK is required by a user), auto prompting users for pending tasks etc?

We have detailed flow charts for all our processes and each step of each flow chart is linked to a person responsible along with a timeline. I am looking to link all the companies flow charts together and make an admin system built around a customer focus.

Hi @arangar,

This has been done before a few times; some prefer to use 3rd party applications while others have written custom code for each requirement. That’s up to your preferences and depends really on the complexity you want. One thing I would recommend for customisations this big is having a dedicated development team whether that’s in-house or a consultancy company as it ensures you get the application you want stably and efficiently. If you are interested in researching the costs of such a project, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do for you!

Hi @Mac-Rae

Thank you so much for your feedback.

One thing is for sure is that we have a lot of details to cover. 3 years ago when we thought of this project, our ideas were extremely complex. We had 20 really big flowcharts for each process which made it very complex. Now we have broken that down to maybe 200 small 5 - 7 step flowcharts. So its not as complex as it is detailed.

Yes I would be interested in researching the costs of such a project. Please let me know how we could go about doing this