Critical error while upgrading from 7.12.8 to 8.2.1

Hi, when i try to finalize the upgrade i get an critical error:

Running: run-migrations
18:43:55 CRITICAL [console] Error thrown while running command “suitecrm:app:upgrade-finalize”. Message: “Call to undefined method Symfony\Component\Console\Input\InputDefinition::hasNegation()” [“exception” => Error { …},“command” => “suitecrm:app:upgrade-finalize”,“message” => “Call to undefined method Symfony\Component\Console\Input\InputDefinition::hasNegation()”]

In ArrayInput.php line 169:

Attempted to call an undefined method named “hasNegation” of class “Symfony\Component\Console\Input\InputDefinition”.

suitecrm:app:upgrade-finalize [-t|–target-version TARGET-VERSION] [-m|–metadata-merge [METADATA-MERGE]]

Any tips how to solve this? I’m out of ideas.

Regards, Peter

1 Like

How is your stack matching the Compatibility Matrix?

Does it match both the matrix for v7 and for v8?

v7: Compatibility Matrix :: SuiteCRM Documentation

v8: Compatibility Matrix :: SuiteCRM Documentation

Hi,

my stack matches the compatibility matrix. Angular CLI, Node.js and yarn are not installed. Here are the details:

pklaffehn@sc-de:~$ php --version
PHP 7.4.3 (cli) (built: Nov 2 2022 09:53:44) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.4.3, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

pklaffehn@sc-de:~$ ng version

Command ‘ng’ not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install ng-common

pklaffehn@sc-de:~$ node -v

Command ‘node’ not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install nodejs

pklaffehn@sc-de:~$ yarn version check

Command ‘yarn’ not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install cmdtest

pklaffehn@sc-de:~$ apache2 -v
Server version: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)
Server built: 2022-06-14T13:30:55

pklaffehn@sc-de:~$ mariadb --version
mariadb Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.34-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

Regards, Peter

I am sorry, I don’t know how to troubleshoot that error.

Which installation instruction are you following? Is it for development environment, or a normal installation? Where did you get your package from, is it the zipped installer, or did you fetch it from Git directly?

Now i have installed a brand new ubuntu 22.04 vm for troubeshooting. I have a working suitecrem 7.13.1 running and tried to upgrade to 8.2.3 using the instructions found here:

SuiteCRM 7.12.x migration to SuiteCRM 8.x :: SuiteCRM Documentation

I have used the zip installer from here:
https://suitecrm.com/download/128/suite82/561843/suitecrm-8-2-2-7-12-migration.zip

My setup is according to this compatibility matrix:
Compatibility Matrix :: SuiteCRM Documentation

Regards, Peter

I got a slightly different critical error while upgrading from 7.12.8 to 8.2.2, also during the suitecrm:app:upgrade-finalize step.

My error was as follows:

CRITICAL  [console] Error thrown while running command "suitecrm:app:upgrade-finalize -m merge". Message: "An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)" ["exception" => Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\ConnectionException^ { …},"command" => "suitecrm:app:upgrade-finalize -m merge","message" => "An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"]

First lookups online showed that my db credentials are wrong, but I double-checked and they were correct.

Turned out my db password had special characters (whitespaces/explamation marks), which caused the error.

Changing the password and updating it both in .env.local and public/legacy/config.php has resolved the error.

Hope this helps someone.
Good luck!

1 Like

@egopak Thanks for that. Can you please also open an issue on Github for this? It’s really helpful to have specific information to find the bug - like which special characters break the code. Thanks