Create workflow for follow up email but cannot work properly

Here’s what I do when that happens:

If a workflow is stuck running go to database in “job queue” and delete the “queued” job that’s “running”

Sorry for the late reply. I was on weekend break. Ya, but i was mistaken. Actually I want to keep track of the email that I sent to recipient but for the email status read, unread is for my inbox.

So, it would be my current condition and action.

I don’t understand your conditions. What are you trying to do?

I would like to keep track of my sent email. If past a certain time, the follow up reminder email will be sent to me. But the problem is even for the follow up reminder also will be keep track and sent another follow up reminder to me. So, the reason why i put email> email template not equal to value follow up reminder. But nevermind, I can do it manually at gmail account.

Shimin, stop using email as a task manager! LOL. Instead of creating an email “Follow up with client A” you should create a TASK… follow up with client A and assign it to yourself and you’ll automatically get an email notification, plus have list of outstanding tasks to accomplish. OR, better yet, schedule yourself a follow up call and assign it to yourself (it will also send you an email to notify you on assignment). I use this quite effectively when I send a quote out to a client, I automatically send the “did you get it?” email after 3 days. Then, the “do you have any questions?” email after 7 days. And if the quote is still not marked as won/lost after 14 days, I schedule myself a follow up call via workflow. My whole follow up process is automated.

2 Likes

May i refer ur workflow? Because I would like to automate track the email and send a notification through email to myself after 3 days no reply.

1 Like

How would SuiteCRM know if an email had been replied to? The status “replied” refers to if you replied to an email, not your client. Is that what you want to track? I’m still not sure if you want to track emails that you send to clients and whether or not the client has responded in 3 days, or emails the client has sent to you that you have not responded in 3 days?

1 Like

thx so much for your helping. I already solved my problem.

1 Like

This is exactly what I am searching for. May you share the settings for the workflow :slight_smile:

If you can summarize what you want to happen and what triggers it, I’d be happy to recommend a workflow to you.

OK, here we go…
I am sending an email with a quote to a contact.
If this contact or quote is important, I may activate a routine (e.g. add to a contact list or click a checkbox)
After some days or weeks I want to send automatic a follow up email, maybe with the same quote attached.
Also get a call reminder after more days for a follow up call.
BUT… If the contact is reacting, I need the possibility to deactivate this routine for this contact.
Could you follow my idea?

You don’t have to add checkboxes. Just use the status of the quote to drive the workflow. Actually, this is a great topic for an instructional video. I’m going to upload one to my YouTube channel today. Stay tuned.

I just posted a video for you how to do this along with instructions on my blog:

https://igosalesandmarketing.com/suitecrm-8-quote-follow-up-automation/

Here’s a link to a walkthrough video tutorial:

3 Likes

Hey Paul,
thank you, this is exactly what I am searching for. Thank you!

1 Like