Create task reminder with workflow before duedate & duetime

Hello,

I have Created task reminder with workflow to remind assigned user before duedate & duetime. But it’s not working.

Can anyone help me with this?

We can’t help you if we don’t know what your Workflow looks like, or what results you got…

I have set condition as follows:-

Module => Tasks

FieldOperator => Due Date

TypeValue => Equal To

Value => 05/17/2019 11:00am

But i get reminder immediately after creation of workflow.

Normally for these things you would try data conditions using “less than” or “greater than”, instead of “equal”, because you don’t know when the Workflow will run, so you can’t expect it to do an exact match.

You can also use values relative to “now”. Something like: “run if due date is lesser than now + five days”

Sometimes you get repeat emails, and you need to manage that in one of two ways:

• “no repeated runs” checkbox

• an extra custom field called “processed”, which you set to true when you send email. Then add a condition to only run if “processed=false”

is it possible to explain it with some example ?

This is the correct behaviour of your workflow.

The condition you have set is always true if that is the value of your due date field so, as soon as you save the workflow it is immediately fired and therefore the email is sent.

Try the following instead.

Let’s assume you want to send a notification 5 days before the due date.

These are the conditions you have to enter:

Module => Tasks

FieldOperator => Due Date

TypeValue => Less Than or Equal To

Value => Now + 5 days

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me.

I use same condition as you mentioned. except 5 days i reduce it to 2 days. still i get reminder immediately after creation of workflow.

Can anyone help me with this?

You still haven’t specified exactly which kind of Workflow you’re using. Depending on that, we will know if your Workflow is running from the Scheduler or from the normal web server.

You might need to check your php.ini for the correct date.timezone parameter, but remember you have TWO php.ini’s, depending on the above issue you will have to check the correct one.