Create a record creates two records instead of one

I have set up a workflow in module A when a check box is checked it should create a new record in module B but sometimes this workflow creates two records why is it happening

Can you share the details/configuration of your workflow? Is there maybe a second workflow involved or a logic hook?

hi yes

workflow module:- quotes
Run: only on save
run on : all records

conditions:

module: quotes
field: send for approval
operator: EQUAL to
type: value
value: checked(x)

actions:

create a record in module B
modify a field in quotes module

Or can you tell me how to use the $URL or how i can find it , i would like to create a url that is linked to the record created.

1 Like

Have you unchecked the repeated runs checkbox . This prevents a workflow running twice on a record

hey, yes i have repeated runs off. But very rarely the workflow runs twice and creates two records.

Hello George,

do you have any customizations in code? And custom logic hooks?
When two records are being created, what are their timestamps? With one / a few seconds or longer apart?

As for the URL variable, you might be able to simply copy the ID of the related record into your record of interest.
If the ID field is filled, you can generate the URL inside a URL field via workflows and calculated fields.

1 Like

hi thanks for the video i will check it out.

With regards to the other issue, i dont have any custom code or logic hooks and the time the records are created are like only 1 or 2 secs difference and it happens once in a while how can i fix this.

Do you need run on all records? You can try run on new records or modified records.

will try this and see how it works