ContInue equivalent to break 500 error after install

I did dive into the upgrade process quite in depth (scary) but I didn’t look at the install process at all. I suspect it probably has the same kind of problems (some ineffective algorithms have reached breaking point when the packages size increased very significantly with the addition of some composer packages).

Can you try that upgrade and use a few tools to get some visibility into what it’s doing when it crashes? I list a few in the “additional tools” section here:
https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/8261

I see five occurrences of findAllFiles in the installer code, in this file: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/install/install_utils.php

That is what I had to change to get the upgrades to work, I guess that might need to be done for the installs also…

A work-around that just might work is this: unzip the install package; move the entire “vendor” directory to a separate path. Re-zip the install package without the “vendor” in it, and install SuiteCRM. When finished, copy the vendor directory back to where it belongs.

This will make the install much more light-weight. But something might break in the middle of it, if it references something from vendor directory. if this is the case, I would retry the same technique but removing only the “vendor/google” directory.

1 Like

I meanwhile tried the same install on another shared server I manage, and it worked without any problems.
Which is strange, as PHP config and .htaccess are identical.

I guess the answer to the problem lies in the server config, which I don’t have access to as it’s a shared server.

There is a chance that a parallel WordPress installation on the same machine might lead to conflicts stemming from the .htaccess file in the core directory. In theory, it shouldn’t, but I guess if we all got a dollar for every time a problem occurs that in theory shouldn’t have… :wink:
FWIW, both servers I tried also have WordPress installed. The core .htaccess files look slightly different, though at first glance I see nothing that should break or unbreak a parallel SuiteCRM installation.

Anyway - I have my solution, will set up a new hosting environment for my SuiteCRM installation. Which was the more reasonable approach from the get-go, but you know… people are lazy… people have an already running server with enough free space… :wink:

If I can provide any additional input to help identifying the problem, do let me know, though.