$contact_first_name not working? 🙀

I sent a test email where I added the short code $contact_first_name to the mail template. I added myself as a lead also of course.

Code:
<h2 class="mt mb_xs" style="color: inherit;font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-top: 16px;margin-bottom: 8px;word-break: break-word;font-size: 28px;line-height: 38px;font-weight: bold;">Hej $contact_first_name, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.</h2>

But when the email is sent it doesn’t translate to my first name. Instead the email is sent with the shortcode/varible i.e. $contact_first_name… :scream:

But that doesn’t work either.

The shortcode:
$lead_first_name
does however seem to work.
But it is way better and less cumbersome to be able to use a short code variable that works for all three i.e. leads, contacts and targets. But as said that doesn’t work at all… :sob:

I also tried with the universal shortcode:
$contact_name

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
PowerQuest

Try “Dear $contact_first_name $lead_first_name, $prospect_first_name,”

This issue has been around for a while. $contact doesn’t work for leads or targets, $lead doesn’t work for targets or contacts and $propsect doesn’t work for contacts or leads.

Thanks for the reply @pstevens :+1:

That sort of sucks that its bugged then…

Is the system smart enough if you enter all above into the e-mail code to remove the ones that are irrelevant to the case I.E you send to a lead (–> filters out $contact_first_name, $prospect_first_name)?

Or can you only use one of these shortcodes at the time?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
PowerQuest

Some background reading (not a solution, though):

In my add-on I implemented person.name which can adapt to all kinds of modules, Leads, Targets, Users, Contacts, I think that is the best solution.

1 Like

Thanks @pgr I’ll check it out… :+1:

Kind regards
PoiwerQuest

Thanks pgr for the link and the read by the way.

1 Like