Configure a specific outbound email for system notifications? ✉

I know that the default way of doing this is by Admin --> email setttngs – email …

But that options also seems to the be only option where you can allow users to send from an official company email like example info@companyname.com hi@companyname.com.

So for that reason I’d like to potentially use a specific outbound email lets say notifications@companyname.com to handle all system emails.

Is this possible to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
PowerQuest

Hey there PowerQuest

Have you managed to find a solution for this?

I’ve had a look and I don’t think this would be doable in the CRM, out of the box.

I’ve, so far, been unable to find a way to separate the Notification Emails from other System Emails, (as they all use Admin->Email Settings)

Unless anyone else can think of anything?

If it were to be customized, I imagine that this would require changes to the file at:
modules/Activities/EmailReminder.php

I’m not entirely sure how to go about it, but as far as I can tell, the “sendReminders” function at line 131 is where the functionality resides, if you wish to take a look at it from a Code-change perspective?

There may also be some plugins that can cover some of your needs on the store?
ie: https://store.suitecrm.com/docs/reminder-and-notification

It may be worth a look there too!

1 Like

Hi @John
Sorry for my very late reply.
Summer :sun_with_face: passed by so fast! :wink:

No, not really…
I have been looking high and low for a way to do this; and it is quite surprising that this isn’t a native built in thing to the system.

It makes a really good logic sense to be able to setup a specific email address (At least in my mind), for notifications. Thus separating them from users and user generated emails.

Kind regards
PowerQuest