I’ve installed SuiteCRM v7.4.3 and love it.

I have ONE issue I’m trying to resolve.

None of the CHART dashlets are displaying and are producing a FAIL/FAILED error message. I checked the Log file and the only [FATAL] error I see has to do with the PHP.INI file. See the error below:

[FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone America/New_York. Please set date.timezone=“America/New_York” in php.ini!

I don’t know if this is the reason why none of the charts display correctly but I thought I’d investigate my PHP.INI file. Problem is, I’ve been looking for it and I can’t seem to find it. I expected to see it in the root directory of my Suite CRM installation but it’s not there.

Ok - so this is two questions - What do I need to change to get the Charts to work and where would my PHP.INI file be so I can fix the timezone issue?

You need to modify your php.ini on your web server and set an appropriate timezone. For apache, this is normally in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini or similar.

In regards to the charts issues, did your install run ok? Did you run a Quick Repair & Rebuild in Admin -> Repair?

What happens if you check your console log(Ctrl+J in Chrome or Ctrl+K in Firefox)? Are there any errors displayed?

1 Like


Thanks for the information Will.

For any future visitors who are getting a FAIL or FAILED message in Chrome or Firefox, check your browsers console message to see where the item failed.

You do this in Chrome by typing CTRL-SHIFT-J
You do this in Firefox by typing CTRL-SHIFT-K

The error message you see in the console points to where you should look. As posted in several places here in the Community, if you receive a FAIL or FAILED message, it’s almost always an ACL (or a Rights) issue. So far that has been the case in every instance I’ve run across.

In this specific case, none of my CHARTS DASHLETS were displaying at all and the browser was producing a FAIL/FAILED error message. Looking at my Chrome console (typing CTRL-SHIFT-J) displayed that the problem was in the cache>xml folder

The default permissions for the files in this folder are set to 660 when they are created. I simply changed the rights of these newly create files to 775.

Once that was done, I went ahead and ran a Quick Repair & Rebuild in ADMIN>REPAIR (It’s a habit)

NOTE: Each time a new user is created I’ll have to go through this step again. At least, until I find a way to automatically set all new file to be able to default to the 775 permission level.

Hope this helps!