Changing Submenu Order that is upgrade safe

Hi.

Back to this fun challenge of hiding submenus within Accounts.

I have been reading through this thread below…

https://suitecrm.com/community/developer-help/923-upgrade-safe-way-to-hide-subpanels

This has helped me to hide the modules that I don’t want to see.

BUT, the ones that I have left I now want to change the order of them and of course leave them upgrade safe.

I was wondering if I could just go into modules/Accounts/metadata/subpaneldefs.php as in there they seem to have a number, and I’m assuming if I change the number order so the one I want at the top is 10 the next is 20 etc… or using whatever numbers they are, but just changing them around so it’s in the order I want. But that wouldn’t be upgrade safe.

I did wonder if as per the above method for hiding the subpanels. I could just hide all the subpanels, and then instead of unset use set or whatever the appropriate command is to show again the ones I want and then they will just appear in the order I set them to?

What is the best way to change the order of the remaining subpanels to ensure they are upgrade safe?

I’d be grateful for any ideas.

1 Like

Hi there,

What I would do is for it to be upgrade safe and Repair & Rebuild safe is create a custom extension for your module.

I created a file called ‘reorder_subpanels.php’ and I placed it within custom/Extension/modules/Accounts/Ext/Layoutdefs/

The file reorder_subpanels.php had the following code:

<?php 

$layout_defs['Accounts']['subpanel_setup']['history']['order'] = 1;
$layout_defs['Accounts']['subpanel_setup']['leads']['order'] = 2;
$layout_defs['Accounts']['subpanel_setup']['opportunities']['order'] = 3;
$layout_defs['Accounts']['subpanel_setup']['accounts']['order'] = 5;

I then did a Repair & Rebuild and checked my custom/modules/Accounts/Ext/Layoutdefs/layoutdefs.php file.
Within that file (as it’s auto-generated) should then contain the contents of my reorder_subpanels file.

Navigate to your Account’s DetailView and that should be your default subpanels reordered.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile: