Change a field or ad one in Products

Hi there
I am new here and I installed suitecrm and its great. But now I want to change in the products the Product type and add one more because there are:

• Stück (piece)
  • Stunde (hour)
  • Meter (meter)

when I make it I come till “save” and then it sais undefined. Look at the printscreens.
How can I solve this?
Thanks and regards
Claudia

To modify dropdowns go to Admin->Dropdown Editor

There you’ll be able to modify product_type_dom which is the one you need this time.

Now regarding the Undefined message, It’s related to file permissions. In linux you need to run a similar command like the below to make sure all works fine:

sudo chown -R YourWebUser:YourWebGroup
  sudo chmod -R 755 .
  sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload
  sudo chmod -R 775 config_override.php 2>/dev/null

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

AlxGr

Hi

I just told the hoster to manage this and now I am a step more forward. When I make a new Product type just like “Meter” It tells me everyhting is done and save but when I open a new product there are still only the two types there.

I put also printscreens of it here.

Maybe I have to do another step or clear the cache or whatever.

Hope you can help me again.

Regards
Claudia

There is progress then!

For the dropdowns. I think the issue is you are using a different language and SuiteCrm is not picking it up properly. You should try do disable all other languages from Admin->languages and try again.

(Here is a similar thread for you to take a look: https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/developer-help/670-adding-items-to-dropdown-an-error-has-occurred?start=15)

Thanks,

AlxGR

1 Like

Hi
I just tried it to disable the language the problem was that after disabling english, German was gone… And it also helped not because of the adding of the field.
What I also observed that after save there is another Menu like “account_type_dom” and that was not where I was.

Hope you have also another idea.

thanks a lot for help.
Regards
Claudia