Can't send email

SuiteCRM 7.9.11, Apache2, I think PHP is the minimum version for Suite, because I didn’t get any warning during install. I will try Your code.

1 Like

I think I know the problem. Look at my screen (picture 1.png). When I wan to send mail, FROM line is not filled, and I think it should be. Where is the place I have to fill it?

That behaviour is typical when some email account is not properly configured. What you see there is the list of Email accounts that can be used to send personal email.

So, normally you would configure that from the User profile, Edit, scroll down, email settings button, then Mail accounts tab. You should be able to run a successful “Test send email” from there.

And I am able to send mail from test button. Look at my screens.

I have the same problem. I go to a CONTACT and then click on the ACTIVITIES accordion. And then click Create Task -> Compose Email.

The email form pops up. But there is nothing in the FROM dropdown menu to select. I have added all my email datails to the Admin as per all instructions etc… Did a TEST email from the Admin and it worked fine.

I really want to be recommending SuiteCRM to people but, what with the calendar not working and now this, they are already losing faith.

Deeply disappointing.

OK… so… I :

Click on Account (top right user menu) -> Profile

Scroll down to bottom of profile info… get to Email section

See a red button called “SETTINGS”

This pops up a modal

Click on “Mail Accounts” tab

Click ADD for your Incoming and Outgoing email

Would be great to have a little note in the ADMIN -> Email settings to say, “Have you set up your own individual email settings under your User Profile”…

1 Like

ActiveAdam, welcome to the community.

Welcome, but… it’s good Forum etiquette to start your own threads for your own issues. “I have the same issue” is a nice conversation starter, but other than that it’s very confusing to help people who have different systems, are at different stages of their user journey, etc.

So please start your own thread and I will be happy to answer you there.

@m.zielinski

At this point I am pretty sure we’re looking at a bug, but I’m having trouble replicating it and so it’s hard to help.

Is your error in the logs, at this point, still “User xxx attempted to send an email using incorrect email account settings in which they do not have access to”?

Can you please help me relate that to what you’re doing in the app at the moment? Does the error come when you set up the account, when you open the Email dialog (and the From box supposedly gets populated with your account), or only when you click to send?

I am experiencing this issue when I try to send an email from opportunities/activities then select the drop down “create task”/“compose email”.

The box pops up, but I cannot send email from it.

Screenshot of issue: https://i.imgur.com/cR29LwF.png

@pqr, error: “User XXXattempted to send an email using incorrect email account settings in which they do not have access to” appears in log when I’m trying to send mail, I mean, when I push SEND button.

That error should appear only when

• you are sending from a system account defined in Admin / Outbound emails.
  • that account does not have the checkbox to “allow users to send from this account” ticked

Finally it works! I found the solution. Every user’s settings I made through admin account which was wrong. It should be done in user’s account. So, when You add user, just log into this account, and add all the email accounts, all rights will be right. Very important! Check in email settings, whether You chose right account like in picture 1. In my situation it was chosen admin account, which I don’t have rights. After repairing it, it looks like sent box doesn’t show mails (pict 2.png);-( Why is that?

That’s great to hear!

But you’ll have to explain it to me a bit better… I can’t find the place where your first screenshot is. How exacty do you get there?

About the second screenshot, that usually shows when you still haven’t set up Inbound Email - so there is nothing to show in the emails list view.

To go to first screen You have to:
go to Profile->down to the bottom->Settings->Mail Accounts->Mail Accounts->ADD(or EDIT). There You have to fill all the boxes especially with correct Outgoing mail settings.
Second screenshot show Sent Folders, not Inbox. My inbox folder is shown correctly.

Thank you, that was VERY helpful. I realized for the first time that there are two very similar settings screens (terrible design):

1. Profile->down to the bottom->Settings->Mail Accounts->Mail Accounts (the top half of the screen)->ADD(or EDIT) This one sends correctly, and has “From name/From address” fields.

2. Profile->down to the bottom->Settings->Mail Accounts->Outgoing SMTP (lower half, list box)->ADD (or in the list view, EDIT icon) This one doesn’t send, and doesn’t have these fields.

The team is looking at this now.

Not seeing the Sent emails is, I believe, a different issue, I think this is already open on GitHub but I don’t have time to check right now.

Thanks

1 Like

Where is exactly this issue on Github?

Hello pgr, could You please point me where I can find this issue on GitHub?

This one?

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/4999

This is still not clear from the documentation. Thanks for this great solution though, works