I can’t get an Admin> Email> SupportEmail> account set up. When I do a “TEST SETTINGS”, I first see “Loading…” in a pop-up, then about 5 minutes later, I get "
I’m having problems connecting with 7.11.19, Docker version. I have a YouTube to see at youtu.be/hhPr_5nWYb4 showing after a wait of a few minutes, a message “Connection failed to imap.gmail.com:993” and my account works in k-9 mail (Gmail ‘less secure apps’ = enabled). My firewall was turned off during test, and I can telnet from my VPS server (VULTR) to the port. I show the docker log in the youtube… is there any more detailed logging available? I’ve been at this for 3 days straight with no success. Youtube Video of problem . (Again, using docker version).
I also set up a quick web server on my Mac, on port 993, and from my VULTR server, am able to curl to it on port 993, so i know the port isn’t blocked.
Any help appreciated, as without incoming mail, this is all pointless (I do have outgoing working using mailgun, so I’m halfway there).
I was able to find (See my SHORT 1 MIN YouTube link at youtu.be/S9uudzvJnOY ) how to crank up the logging to DEBUG level and then “tail” the log file, so you can see the log file in action as i test the incoming mail account. I hope someone can figure this out! Been at it for a few days now. I’m using the latest Docker version. https://youtu.be/S9uudzvJnOY. If nothing else, you can watch how to crank the logging level and watch it happen… kinda fun watching it. (The video is set to UNLISTED so only my friends on this community can see it).
P.S. A couple of times while testing, I’ve gotten an email from Google about “Sign in attempt was blocked” and “Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your account. Google blocked them, but you should check what happened” (I know for certain I’m using correct password). But it does tell that port 993 is open.
-The logging is changed under Admin> SystemSettings
-The tail command is “tail -f suitecmd.log” (near bottom of page)
SUCCESS… WELL KIND OF… A WORKAROUND FOR NOW…
I got an email address from my ISP and it works just fine!!!.. so something with Gmail setup is definitely messed up. I can IMAP to Gmail using my k-9 mail so it’s not directly Gmails’ fault, leaving the finger totally pointing to SuiteCRM, from what i see.