Can't do a fresh install of version 7.1.4

Since I didn’t have anything in my previous 6.5.x installation, instead of doing an upgrade I completely removed the old install to preform a fresh install of 7.1.4. Created a new database and user, but when I tried to complete the installation it stops at the define database and user screen with an error that the database user password doesn’t match. It is the same in both fields.

I’ve also tried to use the same as the Admin, but no matter what I try I get the same error. Please help!

Hi there,

I have just run through the installation without issues. Have you double checked your credentials? On the first screen, where it asks for the username/password, those are the details for the database login. On the 2nd page, the user credentials are for the SuiteCRM admin user.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi there,

I have just run through the installation without issues. Have you double checked your credentials? On the first screen, where it asks for the username/password, those are the details for the database login. On the 2nd page, the user credentials are for the SuiteCRM admin user.

Thanks,

Will.

These credentials are not on two different pages, they are both on the same page.

1st page: Choose your language
2nd page: Ready to Install Instructions
3rd page: License Acceptance
4th page: Install type (Custom Install)
5th page: Database type (MySQL)
6th page: Database name, Host Name, Administrator Username/Password, SuiteCRM Database Username/Password

It is the SuiteCRM Database Password that’s giving me the error “The passwords provided for the SuiteCRM database user do not match. Please re-enter the same passwords in the password fields.”

They are exactly the same.

I used to have that problem. (In earlier versions of Sugar). What i did back then was configure the root user to create the database. And then, once sugar/suite was installed you go to the config.php and replace the root credentials for the specific user created for that database.

Did you try that?

Octavio Sosa
PositiveIT