Can't Create Portal User, Either

Hello,

I have an AWS linux box running PHP 5.5.29
I installed the “Joomla Portal 1.1.1 for Joomla 3.x” on a fresh Joomla 3.4.4 install and went to components->advanced openportal and entered the URL of the SuiteCRM site. Clearly I can’t enter the username and password yet.
In Suite CRM I went to admin-> AOP settings and checked “Enable AOP” and “Enable External Portal:” and the root url of the Joomla Install
I then went to Sales->Contacts and created a contact First name: portal, last name-> User with my email address as the primary email address.
It created fine. I then went to the edit menu and selected “create portal user” and after a second or so, I get the red error message “Failed to create portal user”
The only thing in the log file is the “PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in … /custom/modules/Contacts/createPortalUser.php on line 41…”

I remember doing this years ago during the brief time the portal stuff was still in SugarCE before it got dropped. Please help. Thanks,

Brent Laminack

why not, this is your issue, you need a to enter username and password for it to access the crm via the api

Aaaah, the light dawns! The username/password in Joomla is for who the case is assigned to, not the client who initiated the case. Gotcha! It all works now. Thanks for the help!