Can't change permissions on config_si.php

When I go to the upgrade wizzard, it does a system check. It shows that there is an issue with permissions for config_si.php. When I go to chmod the file, I get this line

“chmod: changing permissions of ‘config_si.php’ : Operation not permitted”

I am running SuiteCRM as a virtual machine using the bitnami stack on a Windows server.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Hey there

Are you still having issues with this?

It sounds like your user may simply not have the permissions required to chmod the file

Are you able to add “sudo” to the start of the command?

(ie sudo chmod xxxxxxxxx)

I’m not sure how it works through Bitnami but if you aren’t able to “sudo” it may be worth getting in touch with them, to see if this is something they can do on their side?

Hi
Did you fix this? i’m having the same problem with 7.12.2 (bitnami stack) on an Azure VM

Hi @Bigshow77,

Please avoid zombie posts in future. Raising new threads with full information to the problem tends to lead to faster and fuller responses.

Did you attempt Johns suggestion of running with Sudo?

The message that was seen in the first message was not from SuiteCRM. That is a Linux issue saying your current user does not have enough permissions to update this file. You must use an elevated user in this case.

See the install guide which shows the commands for permissions which contain sudo;

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
  sudo chmod -R 755 .
  sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload
  sudo chmod 775 config_override.php 2>/dev/null