Cannot Update Opportunity in 7.1.2

Hi,

i cannot Update Opportunities on a 7.1.2 istance.
The system tells me to check the SugarCRM.log.

Here’s what i found:

Fri Jul 25 12:10:11 2014 [200885][1][FATAL] Error updating table: opportunities: Query Failed: UPDATE opportunities
SET name=‘Progetto Web Marketing’,date_modified=‘2014-07-25 10:10:11’,modified_user_id=‘1’,created_by=‘1’,description=NULL,assigned_user_id=‘1’,opportunity_type=NULL,campaign_id=’’,lead_source=NULL,amount=660,amount_usdollar=660,currency_id=’-99’,date_closed=‘2014-07-31’,next_step=NULL,sales_stage=‘Demo’,probability=50,[color=#bb0000]=NULL[/color]
WHERE opportunities.id = ‘ccef7d8e-31f7-d992-288f-53d22b625bf2’ AND deleted=0: MySQL error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘=NULL
WHERE opportunities.id = ‘ccef7d8e-31f7-d992-288f-53d22b625bf2’ AND’ at line 2

The problem is the “=NULL” i’ve colored.

Do you know how can i fix it?

I also have this issue, with the update statement being incomplete at the same spot. Any help would be appreciated

I found the error in my instance. In the /sugarcrm/custom.Extension/modules/Opportunities/Ext/Vardefs there was a sugarfield_textarea_c.php file that referred to a field that does not exist in my filed list in opportunities_cstm table. I moved the file to the disabled folder and ran quick repair and rebuild. I can now update my opportunities without issue (so far). I will monitor and if anything else comes up i will re post.

If anyone has an idea what happened, it would be greatly appreciated if you shared.

2 Likes

Thanks Seangott,

in
custom/Extension/modules/Opportunities/Ext/Vardefs/
i found the file
sugarfield_textarea_c.php

followed your istructions and now it works :wink: