Cannot edit any roles

Hello All,

I cannot edit any of the roles in my setup of SuiteCRM. I am able to create roles. I am also able to click on the cells and click the drop downs and select whether or not I can enable or disable them, but I cannot save the changes. I already ran a quick repair and repair roles through the admin panel to no avail. Here is my current setup:

Mac OS X 10.10 Server
MAMP 3.0.7.3 using Nginx.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,
Anthony

Hi acore13,

Have you checked the console log in Firefox (F12 key) ? chances are there wont be any but worth a check.

also worth checking the sugarcrm.log and the error log for the server in case it shows any error which could point to the problem.

Thanks for the reply. I will look at those log files and check Firefox’s console mode to see what I find. Also, can you or anyone let me know what permissions I should have for SuiteCRM (chmod chown commands)? I saw someone post them on this forum before, but now I can’t locate it. Thanks again =)

this is the most common settings.

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

you will also need to update your config.php file. find the following lines

‘default_permissions’ =>
array (
‘dir_mode’ => 1517,
‘file_mode’ => 420,
‘user’ => ‘www-data’, // you must replace with the actual value
‘group’ => ‘www-data’, // you must replace with the actual value
),

a repair and rebuild might be needed after these changes.

Ian.

So I checked the sugarcrm.logs and they are clean. But I when ran it in Firefoxin console mode, this is what I got when I was trying to edit the role:

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ sugar_grp1_yui.js:16
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. sugar_grp1_jquery.js:3
ReferenceError: ajax is not defined sugar_grp1.js:35

I still haven’t re-applied any permissions just yet because I am kind’ve hesitant to do so. Does any one have any insight into the error above??

Thanks!

I went ahead and applied the proper permissions you posted earlier, did a quick repair and rebuild, and it looks like its working now. Thanks again so much for the information, Ian. Really helped out!