Cannot add e-mail account

Hi Folks!

I have a problem when trying to add e-mail accounts to an user. If I go to Administration -> Users adm -> pick an user -> Edit -> E-mail Config -> Configuration -> E-mail Account’s tab, the e-mail accounts list shows “Data Error” and when I click ADD, nothing happens and it throws a console error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘value’ of null
at Object.clearInboundAccountEditScreen (sugar_grp_emails.js?v=zpZLORgrcYgYW9Ba2WMnLw:356)
at Object.showEditInboundAccountDialogue (sugar_grp_emails.js?v=zpZLORgrcYgYW9Ba2WMnLw:332)
at HTMLInputElement.onclick (index.php:1)
clearInboundAccountEditScreen @ sugar_grp_emails.js?v=zpZLORgrcYgYW9Ba2WMnLw:356
showEditInboundAccountDialogue @ sugar_grp_emails.js?v=zpZLORgrcYgYW9Ba2WMnLw:332
onclick @ index.php:1

SuiteCRM 7.10.4
Chrome 65.0.3325.181 64bits

Does anybody have the same problem? Does anybody know how to solve it?
Thank you very much
Best regards

I’ve seen that “data error” in previous versions, but it should be fixed in 7.10.4.

In my 7.10.4 those screens appear ok. But my emai lwas already set up when I upgraded, I didn’t try to set up from scratch, maybe that makes a difference in your case.

Do you have any errors in php_errors.log or suitecrm.log at that time?

Thank you, pgr. In my suitecrm.log I have:

Wed Apr 18 15:32:27 2018 [6665][1][FATAL] Job bf6cc6eb-ceaa-da6d-70ea-5ad78f45cf90 (Check Inbound Mailboxes) failed in CRON run
Wed Apr 18 15:32:36 2018 [6619][224b09b1-a77f-f3a5-aa82-5ad76e47e9c6][FATAL] Exception handling in /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php:402
Wed Apr 18 15:32:36 2018 [6619][224b09b1-a77f-f3a5-aa82-5ad76e47e9c6][FATAL] Exception in Controller: SugarFolder::retrieveFoldersForProcessing() Cannot Retrieve Folders - Please check the users inbound email settings.
Wed Apr 18 15:32:36 2018 [6619][224b09b1-a77f-f3a5-aa82-5ad76e47e9c6][FATAL] backtrace:
#0 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/SugarFolders/SugarFolders.php(612): SugarFolder->retrieveFoldersForProcessing(Object(User))
#1 /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Emails/EmailUI.php(3111): SugarFolder->getGroupFoldersForSettings(Object(User))
#2 /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Emails/EmailUIAjax.php(1326): EmailUI->getShowAccountsOptions(Object(InboundEmail))
#3 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(840): include_once(’/var/www/html/s…’)
#4 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(74): SugarView->includeClassicFile(‘modules/Emails/…’)
#5 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(207): ViewClassic->display()
#6 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(432): SugarView->process()
#7 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(375): SugarController->processView()
#8 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(109): SugarController->execute()
#9 /var/www/html/suitecrm/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#10 {main}

On PHP logs nothing strange.

Also… I found on suitecrm.log that many e-mail are not being added to the database due to some non-latin characters in the Subject. If I paste the log here and submit, this forum page will throw:

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation ‘=’

This is the log without these non-latin characters:

Wed Apr 18 15:34:45 2018 [6683][1][FATAL] Error inserting into table: emails: Query Failed: INSERT INTO emails (id,name,date_entered,date_modified,modified_user_id,created_by,deleted,assigned_user_id,date_sent,message_id,type,status,intent,mailbox_id,uid)
VALUES (‘e3e51157-5ae2-03c5-126d-5ad78fe5fc0d’,'Vacaciones en tu casa… ¡Pero en el Caribe ??! ¡Alquileres Temporales en Muchas Cuotas ? ! ',‘2018-04-18 18:34:01’,‘2018-04-18 18:34:01’,‘1’,‘1’,0,‘1’,‘2018-01-10 20:30:00’,‘001ce2b6b1e997bfdcd462aef3185c20’,‘inbound’,‘unread’,‘pick’,‘25194c8d-df9c-9dfe-8fcd-5ad76dd6793a’,‘2585’): MySQL error 1366: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x81! ’ for column ‘name’ at row 1

Wed Apr 18 15:33:14 2018 [6674][1][FATAL] Error inserting into table: emails: Query Failed: INSERT INTO emails (id,name,date_entered,date_modified,modified_user_id,created_by,deleted,assigned_user_id,date_sent,message_id,type,status,intent,mailbox_id,uid)
VALUES (‘a1606b72-ac22-7e1a-c4e2-5ad78f0fcec4’,’¡Volá a Cancún, Miami, NYC o Aruba por $14.260 o menos ?! ¡Paquetes Semana Santa 42% OFF ?!’,‘2018-04-18 18:33:01’,‘2018-04-18 18:33:01’,‘1’,‘1’,0,‘1’,‘2018-01-09 20:31:00’,‘08fdeb25acca82c3e5a1734f78fdac35’,‘inbound’,‘unread’,‘pick’,‘25194c8d-df9c-9dfe-8fcd-5ad76dd6793a’,‘2560’): MySQL error 1366: Incorrect string value: ‘\xF0\x9F\x98\xB1! …’ for column ‘name’ at row 1

Thank’s for your help!

That error “Illegal mix of collations” is solvable with MySQL configuration, search the forums (or better: Google, there are better pages about this on Stack overflow etc).

Maybe you should start by getting that operational, sometimes one error is the consequence of a previous one.

I would also try removing any inbound accounts you have configured, and configuring them again.

Sorry, I have not expressed right what I meant. The error “Illegal mix of collations” is thrown by this forum page. It was not thrown in my SuiteCRM instance. When I copy and paste the log from the terminal to this forum page, for you to see the log lines, this forum didn’t allow me to submit the answer to you and threw this error. This error never appeared in my SuiteCRM instance. Only here in this forum.

The error showed in the log files regarding the issue of non-latin characters was: “MySQL error 1366: Incorrect string value”. It may be the same problem as here in the forums: collation. I’ll check Google to try to make it work. Regarding the email account error, I will try your suggestion and let you know.

Thank you very much! Regards!

Hi pgr!

I tried removing all inbound accounts and adding again. The “Data Error” message in User Management / Settings / Mail Accounts persists.

I can’t configure outbound accounts. The only account that appears in the “From” field in the Compose page is the system notification account, which I set going to Admin / Email Settings.

In this same page, if I uncheck “Allow users to use this account for outgoing email”, the From field in Compose appears empty. All the 3 outbound accounts I have configured will never appear. Besides, the system notification account won’t show the correct “From Name”. It shows “system”.

Does anybody have a similar behavior? Could somebody make an outbound account, instead of system notification account, appear in From field.

This Issue here describes two different ways of setting up Outbound Accounts in User profile:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/5376

It might look different in 7.10.4, but if you can find both those configurations screens try doing it from “the other one”, not the one you have been using so far. Tell me how it went, and which one worked.

try to open fresh user and setup new personal email to the new user.
this sometimes pulls the trigger that the data error disapears and group and personal emails show up.

Thank you for the suggestion, @kaeser49. I had already tried with a fresh new user. The results are the same. Although, that would not be a good solution for us because we have employees that should keep using the users they’ve been using for years, in order to keep all the relations in the database. If I gave them new users, that could be a chaotic situation for our sales team.

I’m making a video of the whole buggy process and then I will create a new issue in GitHub. My conclusion is that we have a lot of work to do in E-mail and Quotations modules… They still have many things to be changed and corrected. And for our company, they will be the most used modules in SuiteCRM.

If someone with the same issues can help us with this work, that would be very important for us!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

This has just got to be a priority … it is practically blocking our implementation of SuiteCRM for our organisation. Unfortunately, we did not identify early enough this show-stopper.

A CRM where you can’t select the reply-to is a disaster for anyone serious about sales.

Astonished this has languished for so long frankly, and embarrassed we assumed the e-mail module worked fine when recommending to our board.

Thanks so much in advance for any quick-fix work-arounds, php or javascript hacks that could possibly assist until a more permanent solution is integrated into this otherwise good crm.

Cheers!

1 Like

In our company, it’s happening the same. The sales team is refusing our implementation due to these problems. I’m aware that we should have performed more tests before deploying the solution.

Besides, I’m struggling to have the permission to spend more time trying to help the community solving these issues. As an open source project, we can all help, from the threads in this forum to the commits and fixes in GitHub (for experienced programmers).

I created this issue https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/5774

All of you who have the same problem can vote and comment your experience there in GitHub.

Thank you all!