Can you use workflows to calculate fields?

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a non-programming method to calculate fields? I know the calculated fields module is not available in Suite CRM. I was wondering, if if its possible to do simple calculations using the “workflow” module for e.g. if in a module, field a = 10, field b = 20, is it possible to run a workflow to fill field c with value 30 (10+20)?

No, worklfow module can’t make calculated fields at the moment

best regards

Thanks. Wonder if this is possible with reports at all?

You can SUM fields with reports, give it a try

best regards

This is now possible with SuiteCRM 7.8.3

If this is possible in suite crm 7.8.3 than can you please let us know the procedure. I am stuck in it. What is the solution to this problem.Do we have to make the changes from the codebase or what is the minimalistic solution to this problem

Hi taragurung. I would suggest you follow the guide on the SuiteCRM UserGuide (or via this link https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Userguide#Calculate_Fields ). Its really nice … infact i didnt have any problem understanding it.

However,see how I implemented it.

BASIC Tab

1. Give the workflow name and dont forget to pick the “Workflow Module”
  2. Choose when you want the workflow to run. for the label Run On: choose “New Records” if you want this to calculate for new records only

CONDITION Tab
Leave empty otherwise, pick the condition.

ACTION Tab

1. On Select Action: choose “Calculated Fields”.
  2. On Name: give any name
  3. On Parameters: pick the first and second fields you will use to perform the addition. They will be identified as “Field1 Raw value {P0}” and “Field1 Raw value {P1}”
  4. On Relation parameters: no change
  5. On Formulas: pick the field where you want the result of the addition to be saved. Then on the textfield, type the formular eg. {add({P0};{P1})}
  6. Click Save.

Depending on the “Run On” choice, the next time you save a record, the calculation would be done.